Dr. Samuel F. Ciricillo, MD, FACS, Sacramento, CA, 95816
Samuel F. Ciricillo, M.D., was named the Medical Director of the Neuroscience Institute at Sutter Medical Group, Sacramento, in October 2003. He also serves as Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery and President of Sutter Medical Group .
Dr. Ciricillo earned his medical degree from Emory University in Atlanta and completed both his residency in neurosurgery and his fellowship in pediatric neurosurgery from UC San Francisco. He received certification as a Diplomat from the American Board of Neurological Surgery in 1998, and is board certified in pediatric neurosurgery. He has practiced pediatric and complex adult neurosurgery at Sutter Medical Group for more than 10 years.
The Sutter Medical Group, affiliated with Sutter Medical Foundation, is a multi-specialty medical group specializing in the diagnosis and management of both medical and surgical conditions of the brain, spine, and spinal cord. The Sutter Medical Group provides care to pediatric and adult patients through a multidisciplinary approach, with teams of nationally recognized specialists, highly trained clinical staff and our cohesive team of case managers and social workers. An active clinical and basic science research program, along with community and physician education outreach activities and the state-of-the-art technology available at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, help to offer innovative solutions to today’s complex neuroscience problems and ensure that patients with central nervous system and spinal disorders receive the best care available throughout Northern California.
Type of Spine Care Professional
Areas of Expertise
- Adult And Pediatric Spinal Cord Tumors
- Adult And Pediatric Tethered Spinal Cord
- Adult Congenital Spinal Conditions
- Chiari Malformation
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spine Bifida
- Pediatric Spine Treatments - Surgical
- Board Certified, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Board Certified, Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship, University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Diplomat, American Board of Neurological Surgery, 1998
- President, Sutter Neuroscience Medical Group
- Medical Director, Sutter Neuroscience Institute, 2003
- Director, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Faculty member, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, 1993-1998
- Faculty member, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, 1999-current