Meet Dr. Paul D. Kim
Treating complex disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, Dr. Paul Kim has a particular interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, motion-sparing technology/artificial disc replacement, and the use of computer-assisted navigation.
Dr. Kim completed a spine fellowship at The Spine Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and St. John's Medical Center in Los Angeles. He completed his residency in orthopedics at Columbia University Medical Center, received his medical degree from Columbia University and a bachelor's degree cum laude from Cornell University.
"One of the most professionally rewarding experiences is to see your patients get better and help them achieve what they want to do in life," says Dr. Kim. "Having seen family members suffer through medical problems, I try my best to treat each patient as if he or she were my own family and understand the worry and concerns of having a sick relative. It is an honor to be entrusted with my patient's health, and I promise to use my knowledge and skills to provide well-informed spine care to my patients."
Dr. Kim has a strong interest in academic medicine and has authored multiple book chapters and peer-reviewed scientific journal articles. He has presented many podium and poster presentations in addition to being awarded several research grants and academic honors. He also has an interest in volunteer international medicine.
Dr. Kim is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society and AO Spine.
While utilizing his expert training, experience, and the latest technology, Dr. Kim also collaborates with other spine specialists at Palomar Health Orthopedic & Spine Center to achieve optimal results for each patient.
The most professionally rewarding experience is to see my patient relieved of pain and return back to normal activities after suffering from neck or back ailments. It is an honor to be entrusted with my patient’s health and promise to use my knowledge and skills to provide honest, well-informed, non-operative and operative spine care to my patients.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Paul D. Kim Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Back Pain
- Brain Injuries
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Hip Pain
- Leg Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Conditions
- Upper Back Pain
- ALIF (anterior lumbar interbody fusion)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy / Decompression
- Anterior Cervical Fusion
- Artificial Disc Replacement - Cervical
- Artificial Disc Replacement - Lumbar
- Bone Graft Substitutes
- Cervical Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Laminectomy / Decompression Surgery
- Lower Back Surgery
- Lumbar Corpectomy
- Lumbar Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Decompression
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Scoliosis Treatment - Non-Surgical
- Spinal Fusion
- TLIF (transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion)
- Upper Back Surgery
- XLIF (lateral lumbar interbody fusion)
Accolades for Dr. Paul D. Kim
- Orthopedic Research Fellowship, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Spine Surgery Fellowship, The Spine Institute, Saint John’s Health Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine
- Board Certified - Spine Surgery Specialty, The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Paul D. Kim
637 East Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025
Profile last updated: August 31, 2016. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.