Meet Dr. Adaku U. Nwachuku
Adaku U. Nwachuku, DO, obtained her medical degree at New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed a Traditional Osteopathic Rotating Internship at Long Beach Medical Center in Long Beach, NY. She completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY where she served as Chief Resident in her final year. This was followed by a Musculoskeletal/Interventional Pain fellowship at Rehab NY in Amherst, NY. She also obtained a Master’s in Business Administration from New York Institute of Technology.
Dr. Nwachuku strives to convey that patient care is a team effort and the goal is to return the patient to maximal functionality. She treats an array of pain issues, but special interests include lower back pain, neck pain, and joint related pain. She utilizes a combination of interventional pain procedures, pharmacotherapy, therapy to restore biomechanics, as well as other conservative measures to achieve the aforementioned.
Dr. Adaku Nwachuku has contributed a chapter to the Oxford Handbook of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation as well as to other PM&R journals. She was featured bimonthly in Atlantic County Woman Magazine with discussions relevant to common spine and musculoskeletal conditions. She is a member of the American Academy of PM&R, International Society of Interventional Spine, Association of Nigerian Physicians in the Americas and several other organizations.
In her spare time, Dr. Nwachuku coordinates and participates in medical missions to Nigeria, lectures to Physician’s Assistants at Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, and enjoys spending time with her family, singing, mentoring, church and community service.
Dr. Nwachuku is part of the group that makes up American Spine.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Adaku U. Nwachuku Can Help You
- Pain Medicine and Management Physician
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated / Bulging Disc
- Joint Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Conditions
- Pinched Nerve
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Pain
- Conservative / Non-Operative Treatments
- Interventional Pain Medicine
- Nerve Blocks
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Spinal Injections
- Therapy to Restore Biomechanics
Accolades for Dr. Adaku U. Nwachuku
- Fellowship, Musculoskeletal/Interventional Pain - Rehab NY, Amherst, NY
- Contributed a chapter to the Oxford Handbook of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation as well as to other Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation journals
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Society of Interventional Spine
- Association of Nigerian Physicians in the Americas
- Master's Degree, Business Administration - New York Institute of Technology
Office Information for Dr. Adaku U. Nwachuku
12070 Old Line Center
Waldorf, MD 20602
Profile last updated: August 31, 2016. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.