Meet Dr. David Perna
Dr. David Perna is a board certified, fellowship-trained physiatrist with The Spine Institute of New York at Beth Israel Medical Center who specializes in the non-operative management of spine conditions including interventional pain management.
His belief is that pain is not a generalized feeling but one that it originates from a specific pain generator. The goal at the Spine Institute is to diagnose the source of the pain generator, treat it, and re-establish the functional goal of the patient weather that is pain free activities of daily living or return to sport’s specific exercise.
His interest in restorative functional medicine stems from his history as an athlete. He was a decorated collegiate football player at Johns Hopkins University being selected to two All American teams. Following his football career he has continued to compete at a national level in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting where he has garnered several awards including the New Jersey state champion and Garden State Games champion. He remains active in the sport’s community volunteering his time to the training of several local athletes in the sports of football, weightlifting and crossfit.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. David Perna Can Help You
- Back Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Disorders
- Sports Injuries
- Upper Back Pain
- Integrative Sports Medicine
- Interventional Pain Management
- Interventional Spine Injections
- Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Non-Operative Interventional Spine Procedures
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
Accolades for Dr. David Perna
- Fellowship, Spine Rehabilitation and Musculoskeletal Sports Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Sports Medicine
Office Information for Dr. David Perna
10 Union Square East
New York, NY 10003
Profile last updated: August 31, 2016. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.