Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

!!MY BONE SCAN!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Scoliosis
If anyone has any input on what the following could possibly be please feel free to tell me. I have been having joint pain and that is why this bone scan was ordered. (*I also have lots of stomach issues, migraines, fatigue, I get sores in my mouth and nose at times, I thought I had a kidney stone the other night I was in such severe left flank pain, and I also seem to keep getting sinus infection about every 3-4 weeks.*)

The Bone Scan

I went for my bone scan today. I had to show up for 8:15, I got registered, they injected me with the radioactive isotopes then I was told I could leave and come back in three hours. There were no restrictions on what I could do, and I could eat and drink. I had to be back at the hospital for Noon. I went back and they took me rigt away and started the test. After the scan passed my head and upper back I was able to see the screen above the machine. There wasn't anything too impressive in my hip area, but when it got to my knees and feet...WOW! :jawdrop: Both of my knees were lit up and so were both my feet in the ankle area. Then, after the technician said he wanted to get some side views of my knees, so he did that. After that he went to his computer and looked at my full body images, and while he was doing that I caught a sneak peak too. All my thoracic spine was glowing very brightly! :jawdrop: Then he started to question me as to where my bone stimulator was implanted for my last fusion. He asked me if it was by my right shoulder blade. I told him no, that it is in my lower left back, and that I have x-ray proof of where it is. He seemed very concerned with the area of my right shoulder blade...so much so that he took more pics of that area too. :O Then came my hands. He took extra pics of those cause they just don't come out well with the rest of the body, beings they lay at the sides of the body. When he did those, once again, I got to watch, and the joints where my fingers connect to my hands were lit up and also my wrist were pretty bright. He then told me we were done and that my orthopedic doctor would get results by tomorrow. I don't know if my doc will call me tomorrow or if he will just wait till Wednesday the 13 to let me know.

advertisement

Comments

This discussion has been closed.