Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bad med day

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Pain Medications
I went to the doc two days ago...I was taking 75mg of lyrica at night. Still had nerve pain during the day, he asked me if I thought I could take one in the morning & one at night, or "will it make you too loopy" @) He knows I have to get to pT and have kids at home. I told him I didn't think I'd be able to function during the day. So, instead he told me to take 150 mg at night, I might wake up groggy but it should go away. 8|

So, I started tues night. Woke up Wednesday...a bit off :/ but the feeling went away quickly.
Today I couldn't even walk without hitting the walls! :jawdrop: I Had to wake my husband up to take me to the WC doc ( I always see him after the surgeon) :S

Now, I call the OS nurse. She tells me, the amount of lyrica is too much for me right away, but I have a couple of choices. :? Keep taking that amount, my body will adjust but in the mean time I have to deal with this wacky =P~ feeling. I can back off, to the 75 mg...it does lessen the nerve pain but soesn't take it away. Or on a day when I don't have to drive, try to take one 75mg in the morning and one at night. :| See if that is any better, If not call back and they will look into a different med.

She is really great with info and knows exactly what it feels like (she had a 2 level fusion a couple of years ago) So, she tells me right off the bat, she knew it was the increase in Lyrica just by my phone messaage...and knows exactly how i feel. She went through the same thing.

I) So...I slept most of the day away....and walking around is getting better....I haven't it a wall in a couple of hours! #:S

Anna
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi! i am on 300mg of Lyrica a day. sorry you are having a hard time adjusting as it has really helped with the sciatica. i don't run into any walls but my memory isn't so good! :W what we don't do for pain! good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon! Jenny :)