Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't care if it's preseason!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Water Cooler
IT'S FOOTBALL BABY!!! I've been waiting for football season since well, it ended! :P
advertisement

Comments

• Sister....football is back.....oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! =D>
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    Ah Nancy and Miki, now I know why I love you guys even more!
    FOOTBALL FANS!
    I love Baseball - and played it
    I love Hockey - and tried to play it
    I like Basketball - but I was too rough and they wouldnt let me play

BUT FOOTBALL.
    I played it, Iloved it, I ate it all up...

Hmm, but that is also some of the reasons I have some of the spinal problems I do...

But Still Sunday afternoons are reserved days as well as Monday nights. Put aside the work, put out the cats and dogs and its FOOTBALL!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It's Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights for me, lol! Think I'm a little rabid? =))
  • Football is THE NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH!!!

B) B) B)

Well...hopefully we win more than 3 games this season. Charlie better lay off the cheeseburgers and get it through his head that this is college football and not the NFL.

Goooooooo......EYERISH!

Cheers, Mate
  • football is for sissies :P Now, rugby is a mans game :jawdrop:

Ok Ok, just winding my American friends up =))
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Well it's Monday night and we're ready to rock!
    Time to get all the hits, the bangs and the blocks.
    It's the game of the week that's comin' your way.
    (insert your favorite match here) are ready to play.
    We gotta get ready, we gotta get right
    Cause Monday Night Football kicks off tonight!

So get ready. I mean, get ready.
    Are you ready for some football?! A Monday night party!

We've got Frank and Al and Dan.*
    They're gonna get it kick started.
    Lynn* and the crew's all set. The crowd is psyched.
    Cause all my rowdy friends are back on Monday Night!

I love , love , love when I hear that song start to play....it psychs me up BIG TIME!!!!! :D

• that is not nice Bruce....you should be ashamed.... =))
  • My DEtroit Lions WON last night... they beat the Super Bowl champion Giants 13-10! WOO HOO!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I know, I know,... it's only pre-season.... but as any true Lions fan will say... take a "W" any way you can get it!

<:P
    Now Mate, that is College FOOTBALL!
    I visited the campus last year, Touchdown Jesus, the stadium, the whole campus, the grotto, everything. It is more than just a sport there,its a sacred tradition.

Though were are the days of Ara?

My nephew is going their next fall, so I hope to get out there during the season.
    Miki that Monday night football theme still gets me up and ready for the game.
    Another 'song' that really turns me into high gear for football is: "Friday Night's A Great Time For Football"
    That was the opening song from Bruce Willis' The Last BoyScout movie sung by Bill Medley
  • Looked great, our D looks so much better and Robert Meachum made some outstanding plays and I couldn't be happier with the way we looked...There's always room for improvement, but I'm confident in Sean Payton, love him! After all of the ABYSMAL coaches we've had, I'm beyond geeked, what can I say?

College football- I'm Ragin' Cajuns girl, that's where I went to school, University of Louisiana, so they're first and LSU second...Hopefully no one throws anything at me lol! But SEC football is pretty darned good!

Priestess- I get especially excited just when I hear the little musical part!

P.S. Made me sad to see Warner on the sidelines last night, God he was a beautiful QB until Mike Martz destroyed him...I still love Warner and pull for him, he's a fighter! Remember that St. Louis offense back in the day? Beautiful...
    Ok, I am a die-hard New York Fan (in every sport)
    I saw my first NY Giants game at the Stadium when I was 8 years old. I've been through the Good, the Bad and the Ugly with the Giants. They did surprise me last year.

The Jets, ok, so-so.. I remember watching their training camp and going to some bars that many of them went to. I went to Hofstra University in Hempstead Long Island, NY where the Jets had their pre-season camp. In fact, for those back in the 1970's , I have a client, Al Woodal, who was the Jets QB back then.

Then New England Patriots, Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys

College: Any team, love watching college sports
  • how does everyone feel about Brett Favre and the changes on board for him? Lord knows I love the Green Bay Packers but I will definitely be following Brett where ever he goes....but I will also be watching the Packers....I just can't help myself...... :D Any thoughts on this people????? 8>
  • As a Lions fan, I always wanted to see them beat the Packers... but as a REALISTIC Lions fan... by December I was rooting for the Pack anyway! LOL

But I think that to retire, and then expect to come back in after all the changes have been made was silly. He's had a fantabulous career... time to pass the torch. I thought he should have come back in some sort of coaching or mentoring function... pass on some of his greatness to the next generation.
  • ok,... that didn't work. Trying to post a picture. Sorry.
  • completely get what ya'll are saying and I agree but I guess that I also look at it like this.....when someone has a passion and then they give that up (for whatever reasons) that must be hard. I kind of think that he opened his mouth way too early and then realized that he wasn't done with the game and the game wasn't done with him. I guess I can't knock him for that at all. I would like to see him , at a later date ofcourse , in a coaching role or something along those lines because I think that he would do a great job. Okay , well , that is just my opinion so please nobody beat me over my head for it..... =))
  • I actually thought that he should retire, but he's another fighter, so what're you going to do? I think he'll make a great coach, which is where I thought he was headed...

And Papa Ron, you surprise me! I thought it was against the rules to like the Giants and the Cowboys!!!! Almost every Giant fan nearly had a cow when the Tuna went to Dallas!
  • Everyone knows which football team i root for,the seahawks won their preseason game tonight against Minnesota Vikings...
  • For some reason, I just happen to like college football more than the pros. But when I am rooting for the pros, of course it is my home town Giants and jets.

;)

Still, my emotional health is highly dependent on how the Fighting Irish do. If this season is a bust, I personally am going to lobby for Charlie Tuna's ouster.

Cheers, Mate
  • Count me out on this one. Every time I watch a game, I cringe when I see someone tackled. Watching a player land on his head and flip over--that is how people break their necks!!!!!! Are they crazy? Do they know what they are getting themselves into? This spiney thinks anyone who willingly puts himself in front of a 400 pound mass of muscle waiting to take him down is absolutely crazy! :SS

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
    Nancy,
    I know, Giant fans should hate the Cowboys....
    But I am a big fan of the "Tuna" He turned things around for the Giants, did a decent job with Jets, but he just had too much to overcome with Dallas.

You see, besides being die hard team fans, I am a loyal follower of people that I respect. (for whatever reasons)
    Those include
    -The Tuna (Mr Parcells)
    -Mark Bravaro
    -Phil Simms
    -Bart Starr
    -Vince Lombardi
    -Bob Griesse
    -Babe Parelli
    -Bob Hayes
    -etc

Guess, I loved and respected those players,etc that were in it for the game, not just the money.

Now the NO Saints! Nancy, you just might have been leaning towards them this year. They did have Archie, whose sons turned out ok. Tell you want for each game the Saints win this year, I will send you 1 days supply of good vibes, big warm bear hugs to get you through the day. And for each game they lose, I will double up on what I will be sending you.!
    Cindy,
    Well, you are looking at one Spiney who did pay the price for playing football.
    I was young, foolish (well that hasnt changed) and think I could conquer the world! I geared myself up for the football season, adding on pounds (in those days it was called, beefing up), I would practice my growls ( so as to scare the opponents)and I used to wear a headband with the rising sun on it (make them think I had extra powers).

Back in the late 60's, training was archaic. I just remember our coaches saying (in the weight room) More, more, faster faster more more... and we would be saying YEH YEH YEH.
    We were taught to really bring a guy down bury your head into him - anywhere and head to head tackles work!

I had one to many head to head tackles, one left me lying on the field flat out down, stunned, couldnt move, arms, hands, feet tingling. That was the start of my spinal problems.
    Would I do it all over again?
    Yes, but only after being properly conditioned and bypass the head to head tackles.
    Mate,

Where abouts was your hometown>?

For some reason, I just thought that San Francisco was your home and that you were from that area.
  • It all makes sense now! I have a great respect for Parcells, HOWEVER, there are two things I do on Sunday: cheer for the Saints to win, and cheer for the Cowboys to lose! When I was in grad school in Texas I got the Cowboys rammed down my throat and I regurgitated a little! :P Along with a few other things rammed down my throat about Texas, but hey, I do still love the Austin area, just not the Cowboys!

Cory, I used to hate Seattle when we were in the same division...Trying to stuff Shaun Alexander was just an exercise in futility for the Saints D...But I don't hate them anymore!

cgb- I pull for the Lions too, I feel a lot of empathy for you guys...Wonder why that could be! :))

I'll take you up on your offer Papa Ron! I really think/hope we have something this year, but I feel in my gut we do! GEAUX SAINTS!!
  • Fall is my favorite time of year. Football is part of it. I love going to our highschool football games too.

But there's something about Sunday afternoon football!! Its the best! Especially on a cold sunday with a crockpot full of chili to eat on throughout the day...and of course a few cold beers to wash it down!! <:P

Im again a glutton for punishment and have always been a Bears fan...but we have a local guy here thats in the NFL. HE was with the Kansas City Cheifs for the past 4yrs or so and now is just starting this year with the Miami Dolphins so Im sure I will be following the Dolphins this year!!! :D
  • I can understand that though....I grew up with boys and loved playing football and when you are playing you are not thinking about what it may do to your body in the long run....I never did. Did i get hurt? Heck yeah , on more than one occassion , I was the only girl playing with all these corn bread fed big a@@ guys and they did treat me like I was one of them but oh , those were some good times , good times indeed.... =D>
  • In September.... >:D< =D>
    October..... :/ :W
    November..... ~X( X(
    December..... (|: L)
    January..... I) :''(

September...... <:P :D =D>

Happens every year. #o
  • Espn Countdown at 7 p.m. and then Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers at 8 p.m. I am so there....any thoughts on this game?
  • Over Bengals... and then on Sunday my Lions will tear the Bengals up for sure.
  • am inclined to agree with you my friend.... ;)
advertisement