Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

microdisectomy recovery - 3 wks - not much improvement - too much pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Pain Management
Hello,
I had a microdisectomy a little over 3 weeks ago and I'm still in incredible pain in my leg and back. I do notice some improvement, but the pain is intense and I still need to take pain meds. I'm concerned as I was told I'd be feeling much better at two weeks and my doctor's PA said most people were further along than I. I'm an athletic 45 year old - though I do have an inflammatory disease, but generally have it under control with meds.
Anyone have any advice for me? Hope?
Thanks,
Elizabeth
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorta in the same boat if it makes you feel any better. I'm 3 weeks post-op for (see below), and my pain is actually a bit worse than before surgery. My PA and doc said that its normal, and most people see improvement after 5 or 6 weeks and with physio...I hope they're right for the both of us...
    Good luck to you!!
    ~Lauren
  • I really hate to be a wet blanket and just because this has happened to me does not mean that it is the same with you. I experienced the exact same thing to the point that my doc had to do epidurals and rhizotomy within 2 weeks post op. My MicroD was a failed surgery. I have much worse pain now than I did before surgery and it is not going to get any better for me. My discectomy was radical and I truly believe that it made my spine very unstable. My surgery was Dec 07. I wish both of you lots of luck and you are still very early out from surgery. just make sure that you follow docs orders strictly. Please keep us posted on your progress.