Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neckies - Sleeping

CRASH21CCRASH21 Posts: 139
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Sorry for all the posts. Just trying to learn and be prepared. How do you sleep with the hard collar on? Do most of you sleep in a recliner? Can you lay down in bed? Is there something I need to purchase to make sleeping more comfortable?
advertisement

Comments

• Yeah the recliner will be your best friend for awhile. Comfortable in bed? Umm sorry but if you find a comfortable position in bed PLEASE share with us!!!!
  • Not all recliners work. Dave had to try lots of them before finding one where his collar could nestle in between the little pillow things at the head. Then, he realized the screws could tear up the leather or fabric. He sanded them down and covered them with white electrical tape.

I have to say one thing---that collar is a conversation starter.

Linda
  • Once i was used to having the hard collar on i actually slept better than I slept in a long time. For once not looking for the position to hold my neck to have the least amount of pain. A fan blowing on you is a must in my opinion. Keeps the air circulating. Another good thing with it no worries about anything putting pressure on the incisions. At first i did sleep on the couch but know use the bed half the night and the couch the other half.
This discussion has been closed.