Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spinal stimulator

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello, I have had 8 back surgeries and on my way to number 9, which is a revisement of the battery and possibly some leads. The device I have is made by Medtronics. It hasn't charged properly since it was implanted. It should only take a couple of hours to charge this one is taking 36 hours to get anything, I'm not sure if it will even work after the revision, I'm getting so discouraged. Is their anyone out there who has had anything similar? Thank you in advance for your help ;;)
advertisement

Comments

• I have a Medtronic Restore Ultra and a few weeks ago I thought I was having problems because it went from requiring 2.5 hours to charge, to 6 hours to charge. I couldn't get a good signal unless I was standing up, which is a pain to stand around for 2 - 3 hours to charge. I finally realized that as I get back in shape, the generator is moving down a bit (my behind isn't as big as when it was implanted). Once I got that figured out I got a good signal and could sit down and charge. The other thing that was causing more time, was the amplitude I had the stimulator at during the charge. I find if I charge either in the morning or in the evening when I have the amplitude set lower, that it doesn't require as much time.

What does your doc and rep think? Did the generator possibly flip? I read about the generators flipping from people rubbing the area too much.

Please keep us updated and Welcome to Spine Health. Glad to have you on board.

"C"

• My husband has a spinal chord stimulator like yours and he had to have his replaced from his buttucks to his front of him and now the leads have grown scar tissue so bad that when he stands up it really hurts him to stand straight up..the leads have been in since 2000 and now he is facing another surgery to put new leads in and reposition the stimulotor ...then he has a morphine pump so that makes it even more difficult as where do you put it as there is not many more choices and this last one hit his belt line..so always make sure where they are putting these as if you lose weight they will move or can have scarring issues...he loves the stimulator and it is a medtronics as well...just all the surgeries involved is so bad...hugs, brownc61
  • Thanks for the information. SO was the scar tissue around the generator, the extension wires or the leads? What was hurting when he stood up, the amplitude or the physical placement of the generator?

Just curious for future reference. I am hoping that by staying active I can keep this stuff from scaring to the point of decreased mobility.

Thanks for chiming in.

"C"
This discussion has been closed.