Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just home after nerve ablation and feel good

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Spinal Injections
Just came home after the ablation the Dr. did L3.L4.L5 both side so 6 total. Left side feels ok right side a bit sore. Hope this works. They say you will be sore for 3 weeks we will see. Just wanted to let you all know that all went well. The Dr. put me to sleep had general and that was the way for me. ;)
advertisement

Comments

• Hi,
    Glad you made it thru your surgery and all went well. I am new to this forum and am suffering from chronic pain in my low back and 3 months ago starting having neck and thoracic pain. Can you tell me what a nerve ablation is for, and who might perform one. I have a lot of burning pain and the doctor says it is from inflamed nerves, just wondering if a procedure like this might help me. Good luck and take care. Hope

• Good to hear your home,and it went ok...
  • The PM Dr's do this for you. The reason why this was done is because the injections were not holding. The nerve is burned that sends the signal to the brain of pain. So, if the nerve is no longer able to signal the brain you should not feel the pain. Sometime this works for people and sometimes it does not. In my case so far so good. A bit sore but not by far what pain I was in. I lost my dog on Wed. and FRi was his Birthday this is the day I had this nerve burn done. I have his brother at home so we all have been a going threw exta emotions. They are poms and blood brothers they went everywhere together. This was not expected death. I just took the one to the vet to get x-ray and blood work and the dog went out on the x-ray table. It has been very hard for me and than I had to drive my frozen dog on A Thurs. for 2 hours to the cemetery and tomorrow is the service and viewing. It is going to be ruff the drive home after Is going to be hard too. Well, sorry about this extra stuff. Hope this gives you some insight on why they do this. Blessing to you all.