Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

EPIDURAL INJECTIONS

Precious BamaPPrecious Bama Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This is for everyone that has had the cage, bone graft, etc. surgery. Did you have epidurals before surgery. I have one Monday morning. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• I tried the epidural shots twice. The first one did nothing for me. The second one two weeks later seemed to make my pain worse so we decided that wasn't a good option for me. People are different so it may work for you.

Good Luck,
    Christina :)
  • I did have a series of three shots which did not do anything for me....but I have a friend who almost nothing works on her and she has had fantastic luck with them. In fact I think this is the only complaint she has had that she hasn't gone on to have surgery on. She has RA and now I think of it, it is the only non surgical treatment that has worked for her.....

Bottom line...I hope they do something for you and as the previous person posted (I think) everyone is different and so reactions can be also.

Best wishes, PP :?
  • how everything turns out bama.

Best wishes,
    Christina :)
  • Best of luck Precious.

I have to admit I did not have the best of luck with my injection. I don't want to scare you, every single person is different and even though we all have back issues, we all have such very different things going on in our backs.

It wasn't until after my injection that I started having bladder control issues. Don't know if it was related, or if I was headed down that road with my back anyway, but it started that day.
  • I had an ESI back in 2003 and again a couple of months ago. Both times they made my pain worse so the surgeon didn't even think it was worth doing the full set of 3.

Good luck precious, I expect you are nervous but lots of good karma and good wishes are coming your way :) Let us know how you're doing. Take care.
advertisement