Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help bad ear pain

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:S Please , Please! Has anyone ever have bad ear pain caused from your cervical neck issues, jaw?
I have had bad ear pain on and off usually when i have head pain. this time in the last 2 days it has developed severally with my right jaw, it seems to maybe be in my far right back tooth, but there is nothing there showing. is not swollen, but the pain is so intense, i have to keep taking med. every 4 hrs., my right ear pain is bad....
i cannot eat , it hurts my jaw, and the thing of it is i am due for my surgery on 21st on my shoulder. my neck issues are really intense. i cannot get a break, i am not sure how this will effect my surgery. am in so much pain, i cannot stand it., am very nauseated also. i go for my pre -surgery tests mon. at hospital. ekg, and blood work, and they will be going over procedure then. this is going to be a long weekend!
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I have spine issues but what I have done for ear pain in the past is heat pad to the back of neck and steam showers. Do you have ringing in ears or all pain?

I would also suggest if you are having trouble eating try to keep hydrated, you may also want to try to drink protein drinks, Ensure or even Slim Fast to get some vits and mins in you.

Please keep us updated and hope you feel better soon.
    O-
  • Have you checked with your primary care doctor or even your dentist? Sometimes Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) problems will cause ear pain. Of course there are all sorts of ear problems that can cause ear pain, so it might be a good idea to have your primary care doctor look into your ear with an otoscope. Could be something very simple. For example, you could have a little fluid in the middle ear from an allergy. You need to get this sorted out before surgery. Yes, I think some cervical spine pain can cause some ear pain. Just a good idea to seek out the obvious. I'm not a doctor. Let your doctors help you figure this out.
  • i ended up going to the E.R. Sat. morn. i could not take it anymore, i was in severe pain! my husband came home from work to take me. that e.r. dr. wasn't with it at all. but he did give me some penicillin 500 mg. (2 twice a day) i went filled my prescription, then i immediately took a dose right there in store. needless to say i am feeling better. the dr. did say if it starts feeling better, that means there was infection somewhere in my jaw, ear, tooth,? but i am calling my dentist this morn. , and i also have an appt. at 11:00 at hospital for blood work, and e.k.g. they are going to go over procedure with me again. and i will be telling them about episode over the weekend, and that i am on pencillin. i am not allowed to take nothing with blood thinners anytime after the 7th, prior to surgery. It has been one thing after another with me. i just need to get this straitened out , so it does not interfere with my surgery. (21st) i was able to eat a little better last nite, i was able to go a little longer without taking pain med. My muscle spasms are getting stronger, pains in arm, neck hurts from jaw being swollen. blood pressure is up also :''( thanks everyone for listening LEO
  • Well I know it stinks to have to do it, but I'm glad that you went to the ER. Now you are being properly treated and this way you should be able to press ahead with your surgery. Please let us know what they say.

Sorry you are so misserable. Just remember in a little over a week you will be feeling so much better!

Hang in there.

"C"
  • when i went to the hospital for testing, they recommened me call my primary dr. first, then if they did not find anything , then call dentist. well that is what i did, and they got me right in within the hr. he found my ear was so infected, and flushed out my ears, and found so much wax backed up, she said i was even running a temperature, no wonder i was feeling so bad over the weekend. very bad ear infection i had not had in a long time. needless to say she said continue with penicillin , and gave me some ear drops with steroids in them, and i should be just fine for my surgery next week. i am feeling better this evening. still sore, but more relieved i guess. well just thought i would let everyone know. you all take care LEO
    ;)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.