Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

can u beleive it week 31

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
can you believe its week 31,in no time a year will have passed and hopefully we will all be abit lighter.
I hope you have all had a good week,but whatever the result we will work as team to either say well done or to help so that we can say well done next week.
Im glad to say that i have lost 2 pounds,i have felt alittle nausated part off the week(think the medication is taking its toll)so i think thats helped towards it but i have been out walking quite abit too.

Im off to have a look at evening dresses as a have a formal dinner to go to next month and hopefully maybe just maybe ill find one that looks good on me

can t wait to see how you have all done this week
advertisement

Comments

• Thats fantastic Ben - well done you, I'm thinking that's 5lbs (nearly 1/2 a stone) in 2 weeks for you <:P . Good luck with the dress hunting, I'm sure it will be much more fun knowing you are looking and feeling so much better about yourself.

I've managed to lose a pound this week.

I hope everyone else has done well.

Doof
  • good for you doof hopefully were on a roll now,and yes a got a really lovely full length strapless dress in coast,and best off all it fits like a glove and was in the sale
  • :) we must be on to something girls! <:P i lost another pound this week and am so happy to have a week with a another loss. benji, you are really taking it off. 5 pounds in 2 weeks is going to affect your dress size. i bet your dress is just beautiful. =D> i don't think i will ever wear something like that again. enjoy! doof, you are good motivation. another week's loss for you as well. are you up for another loss this week? what is going on with every one else? Jenny :)
  • Benji and I continue to diet on the same astral plane, I have also lost another 2 lbs! Despite PMS, a few teaspoons of ice cream and a couple bites of chocolate. All in moderation and very little snacking.

doof and Jenny - awesome!! I am only committing to 1lb next week, slow and steady wins the race :)

Way to go girls!!
  • thats half a stone between the 3 off us,arn t we just great.
    im gonna try for another pound off next week though il be iin london for 3 days with my sis whilst she has surgery,so it could prove to be difficult.,i can but try
  • Yup, I lost another three pounds this week for a total of 6 pounds in two weeks. I was kinda feeling yucky this week too Benji with an upset stomach so maybe the had something to do with the loss. Either way ...YAY!!! :)
    Congrats everyone >:D<

Christina :)
  • way to go girls,hopefully we ll go from strength to strength
  • I did manage to lose 1 pound this week and I also had a very upset stomach. everything that i ate went right through me. I would have thought that i would have lost more but i will take it as it is much better than a gain. i am with all of you on going for another 1 lb this week.
    Wow Jenny you are getting closer and closer to your goal. It must feel great to be that close!
    Elaine you are doing just awesome too! Made up for the gain on holiday and then some!
    Christina, remember in the beginning you were having a hard time losing and I told you that you would suddenly just start drpping the weight? Good job.
    Everyone has done so well this week. Lets keep checking in daily for encouragement and support.
    I only have 7 weeks left til I will be a grandma! I must have a lap to bounce that baby on! lol
  • painintheback, i know how hard you tried and that pound is only the beginning. =D> sorry you were sick! that is not a good way to spend the week at all. maybe this week you will feel better. you are doing your program now and on your way to another week and another pound. keep that baby in mind. >:D< what better incentive could you have! Jenny :)
  • good job pain in the back,bet your counting the days til the baby arrives,im so lucky to have great grandparents for my girls they are so close,my parents only live 3 doors away so the girls see them all the time,i ve no doubt you will be a fantastic grandma.
    Thats a few off us with upset tummies.i ve put it down to the meds,i have bought a remedy called melissa drops from the health shop and it has been great at settling the nausea
    hope everyone has a good week,im just off to start a load of ironing yuk,a womans work is never done lol
  • aimless,2 pounds needs to be given a big hurrah! =D> you are on a smooth and steady course. on to another week! Jenny :)
  • :) ironing uses up 165 calories an hour! taking a shower for 15 minutes is 65 calories and even resting is 60 calories an hour. we are burning up some calories even if we are not doing exercise. :O) of course nothing makes up for a good walk but we have to take them where we can get them sometimes! Jenny :)
  • i have to admit to having a slice of chocolate cake,i have PMS and just could nt resist,i have threw the rest of the cake out as i don t know if i can resist it if its sitting in the fridge so its in the bin.well thats it over with no point worring about it now,just have to start again just thought i should come clean
  • :) well if we are going to be honest, today i had 2 pieces of bread with butter. i feel really bad about that but i think it was such a craving i had to do it! ~X( i am going to go walk in a few minutes. Jenny :)
  • We're only human, and you throw in the weird meds and pain factor, its going to happen. Like Jenny says, take a walk, move on. I find it hard to have sweets around the house, I give in too easily.

I'm focusing alot on portions, not denying myself but allowing myself 1-2 bites to indulge. Seem to be working. Now that the nerve pain med seems to have kicked in, I need to start walking more, I keep over-doing it when I walk though... have not learned moderation with exercise yet...
  • well, it looks like we need to achieve balance in our daily lives. from exercise to eating we are not getting portions right or doing the right amount of exercise. this balance can make or break our programs. 8} overdoing exercise affects out pain levels as well. overdoing any activity will do this to us. so achieving balance in our lives each day is imperitive to our programs and our pain levels. how are you going about achieving balance in your life daily? what areas are "out of balance" for you? what do you want to add in to achieve a more balanced life? what does being "balanced" mean to you? how would having all areas in your life in tune feel? just a few ideas to toss around this week perhaps. Jenny :)
  • i need to balance a bit of me time in to my life,i like many off you run aroung taking care off everyone elses needs and sometimes forget about myself,so after this week im going to fit in me time.i want be around for a few days im going with my sister to london as she having cosmetic surgery but ill be back on sunday.have a good week everyone
  • Cor, that trip came round quickly Ben. I hope it goes well, I'm sorry we didn't get round to arranging to meet up - guess I'll just have to come over to yours!!

Take care and see you on Sunday

• :) doof, you are losing weight! what are some of the "balances" you have or need to have in your life? i really need to get some time outside of the house added to my life. i am hibernating in my home. i just don't feel like going out into the world. i need to get over that and get out and about! this would make my life more balanced! Jenny
  • I hardly get out of the house now myself. The odd trip to Walmart or to the grocery store is all I usually do. My husband and I have a wedding to go to this Saturday and then on Sunday we have to drive my daughter to Columbus for a concert she's going to so we'll be there for 6 or 7 hours.
    I should be happy to be going somewhere but quite honestly I'm just a stay at home kinda girl. I joke with my husband and tell him I'm antisocial. I prefer quiet times alone with my hubby. *shrugs*
    This weekend Im gonna try and enjoy myself. Key word being TRY.
    What would make my life more balanced I think is being able to see my son more. He still lives in Canada but with his work it's hard for him to get time off to come visit. I havent seen him in a year now. He's hoping to come for three weeks around Christmas. *crosses fingers*
    Maybe he'll come to find a "thin" mom. Ah well, he loves me no matter what. >:D<

• I have not heard that one before. I'm doing okay with calories this week, could do better with nutrition. I have a head cold so I am seeking a bit of comfort food, still eating some veggies but whole wheat toast with grape jelly for breakfast may not have been the smartest choice. I think my head is going to explode and I don't want to take cold meds because I'm on all these other meds... anyhow, I think I just need to go to bed early.
  • :) aimless,time to go to bed, wrap up warm and get well. I) whole wheat toast with jelly is a very good breakfast choice. bread toasted loses most of its calories and you know how good whole grain fiber is to us spineys. so enjoy that breakfast, every morning if you wish. you are getting more conscious about what you are eating if you are interested in nutrition now. that is growth! get well soon. and don't forget the chicken noodle soup!!! Jenny :)
  • I like the halt thing too. I just need to put it in to practice. I have discovered that one thing that has seriously increased my appetite is the Cymbalta! I have got to get a handle on this or I am going to grow even bigger!
  • Aimless you poor thing, take care of yourself when youre feeling yucky. Give your ody what it needs.
    Painintheback, I too am on Cymbalta but never associated it with overeating...geesh, that sucks.
    Lulu, I like that HALT method as well. I'll have to try that.

• =)) Try the HALT method the next time you get ready to overeat. which of these reasons are you eating for? Hungry-get a healthy snack Anxiety-take a walk or do exercises Lonely-call a friend or do an e-mail Tired-take a nap. these add up to "HALT" an easy way to remember exactly why we are taking that extra bite and what we can do about it! :O it is the middle of the week and how is everyone doing so far? remember you can start watching those calories at ANY time and there is no time like now to try and take a walk. Christina, just be sure and don't overdo. that is busy weekend you have planned and is alot to do for those of us who don't wander out much! lol! my husband will love me just the way i am but the question is "do i?"Jenny :)
  • :) we have identified some of the problems areas of overeating this week. some of us want more nutritious food while several others are having problems from medication. knowing exactly what we want and what our problem areas are means we can adjust our diets. having a program which we can use everyday has to be flexible. that is one good thing about having a daily plan where we can adjust what we need to. use tips and make a plan which you can stick by. not a diet plan that doesn't even sound good on paper. we are women dealing with pain as well and that puts an extra burden on us all. take advantage of the women here on the forum. don't beat yourself up when you fall off course and remember that there is always tomorrow to start again! Jenny :)
  • =D> ya'll are all doing wonderful. I'm very proud of you all.
  • :H so great to hear from you, vic!!! we all hope you are feeling better and will be back to be with us soon. we miss you! <:P Jenny :)
  • :H Hello everyone, I am the newbie and i can not believe that I have gone this long without support. I am looking for balance. I have a stressful job and am chained to my cell phone, I have a farm, not that there are any flowers left due to my health, I have a 14 year old son and a husband and I have spoiled them to my detriment :))(. I will be checking in and watching what I eat and I will love having friends who understand me. I suffer in silence and only voice myself to my Dr, I know you all know what I am talking about. I will start today.
  • Hey Everhopeful, were thankful to have you on board. The more the merrier. This place has been a great help to me, everyone motivates everyone else and it's been a godsend.
    We weigh in every Sunday and post it ( yes...even if we gained weight...lol)and chat and give each other things to think about during the week.

Good Luck,
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.