Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hey!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey hows it going, i thought i would come and say hi!!

I am a long time suffer of lower back pain and i am looking for ways to relive my pain, some days are good some are bad but i imagine that a lot of people on this site know what i mean.

I have been suffering for 3 year with bulging L3 and L4 and a
herniation of L5, when i first injured my back i was sent to a
chiropractor and then i did 6 weeks of physical rehab which
helped for a while but did not alivate all the pain, with lots of exercise i was able to manage up until recently when i simply went to ride my bike with my kids and felt a incredible pain, i came into my house and laid down and took some Advil a half an hour later i tried to get up and could not do it without being in the most pain in my life.
I ended up being carted out of my house by ambulance.

Now the doctors say i have to go back to physical therapy but i am very skeptical that this will do anything but be a band aide fix.

So enough of my wining, i am looking forward to seeing what is on this fourm. :H
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health...
  • I'm new here too, and have found this site so helpful and supportive already. I hope you get something sorted soon. I was laid up last week after my back locked rigid for 5 hours. I've never had such pain in all my life either. I'm just starting to get up and about a bit now.
    I know it's not nice, but it is so good to know you are not alone....and you are not wining, you are in pain and worried about it like the rest of us here.
  • Hi tats34,

Hey don't give up on the PT thing yet. They can do some awesome pain treatments for you with e-stim and ice that will allow you to break the pain cycle and possibly get in some core stretching and strengthening stuff as well.

They have lots of things at their disposal that can possibly make a difference for you.

Many people with just the right amount of core strengthening and stretching can reduce and eliminate their pain and avoid running the gauntlet of all the other pain management therapies.

Never hurts to hope.

Welcome aboard.

"C"
  • :) hi! welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i agree that you really need to give pt and other conservative treatments a good try. it is possible they could help you.i know you are in pain and want relief now but you should try every measure before surgery. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • and I agree with the others. Do everything that you can before deciding on surgery. Surgery is not always a sure fix either. Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • and welcome to spine healths forum. Hope to see you around more often.

Best wishes,
    CHristina :)
  • welcome to SH. You will find information and support. I did all the conservative measures till I had to have surgery. I tried so many things and once sat in a box with a colored light to heal my body/spirit with spiritual music. =)) That dr had some ideas way out of mainstream. L) =P~ jade
advertisement