Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ARD surgery lumbar spine L2-L3

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone had artificial disc replacement for the lumbar spine at L2-L3?
advertisement

Comments

• I had L2 disc replacement and fusion with L3. I'm 2 and a half weeks post-op and am up and around, walking a mile a day. Prior to the surgery I had pains radiating down my thigh and hips, mostly on the left side.

BTW, my surgery was done by a Neurosurgeon in the Dallas, Tx area vice an orthropedic surgeon. Don't know if that makes a differenc or not. But, when it comes to somebody messing with my nerves...I'd rather the "nerve expert" do it.

Bill
  • Very few people have had the ARD surgery at L2-L3. It has not been approved by the FDA yet and insurance doesn't cover it.

So, I had to pay for my surgery. I had it done in March of this year. The surgeons and staff were great.

However, I still get tired after sitting or standing for more than an hour. Then my back starts to ache.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same surgery and how you are doing now.
  • 3 levels replaced L-3 to S-1 with Pro Disc -L doing well aside from nerve damage due to disc herniation. just over a year post op. any further questions feel free to email me through this website. good luck and i hope you do well.
  • yeah i had surgery of L3,,,but disk was not replaced,,,,only fixation with metal plates bcos L3was compressed in accident and was not in proper shape.
advertisement