Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

myofascial pain--is this the right place?

karenckkarenc Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
dont know if this is the right place to post this so if its not, i hope the people in charge will please move it for me.

ANYWAY---i was recently diagnosed with myofascial pain (sp?) by my pt and pain clinic dr. just wondered if anyone oout there has any info on this, or have any first hand experience with it and can give me a heads up on this.

any ideas, info or anything on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!!

karenc
advertisement

Comments

• Here is a link with some info to get you started , hope it helps....keeps us posted as to how you are doing....Miki

http://www.spine-health.com/glossary/m/myofascial-pain
  • dear , anytime and just call me Miki.....let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.... :D
  • oh ok Miki! Thank you so very much! I will return the favor if I can if ever possible.

Thanks again!

karenc
  • cut yourself so short dear....you do more good than you know..... :) Just keep being you and all will be well..... =D>
  • Hi Karen,

That's what my Doctor is thinking is causing my back pain. I had an MRI last Saturday but have not gotten the results.

I was just wondering what your symptons are and what the pain feels like.

Can we compare notes?

Thanks,
    Suziee
  • sure we can suziee!

i have constant muscle spasms. it just feels like my whole spine constantly hurts. before lyrica started helping too, the skin on my back was so sore no one could touch me and i cried during every shower. i have burning pain all over including my back without my lyrica. i just wish some days that someone could just take out my spine and shake it real good like you do a rug to get the dirt out, and straighten it out real good and then put it back in. might make me feel alot better that's for sure. so what are your symptoms?
  • Hi Karen,

Constant pain in my upper back, it burns and sometimes feels like something is wrapped around my spine. It bothers my to wear tight shirts and I don't now why, its just a wierd feeling. The other day I was sitting down and when I would turn to either side it felt like my skin was sticking to my back bone and didn't want to follow my twist. Its wierd. Latly I have been having pain under my right shoulder blade as well.

I dread taking showers in the morning. The shower itself does not hurt but after I get out of the shower the pain is ramped up. Its like the heat from the shower or the pounding of the water on my back gets the blood flowing in that area and cause me more pain. I swear getting ready in the morning is the pits. Oh, and the spasms as well and sometimes it feels like there are bugs crawling under my skin. I also have tingling down my right leg.

Really the only relief I have found is laying down, which I do a lot of.

I got the results back from my MRI and the only thing they found was a few bulging discs. So I guess I get to start physical therapy. I am relieved and frustrated at the same time. I can't believe I hurt this bad and there is nothing going on back their.

Months ago my Doctor thought it might be myofascial pain but I didn't quite understand what he meant. He does not explain things in layman terms very well. So I guess maybe is was right.

So besides lyrica are you on any other meds? Is the PT helping you at all? Lets keep in touch. I feel your pain.

Gentle Hugs.

Suziee
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.