Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here I go again!

malawmmalaw Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was doing so well with pain management and the spasms in my leg - until today. I am assuming that I carried too many 5lb jugs of water to my plants since I have more pain and leg cramps.

I take Amrix at night - every night and Flexerill during the day. Today they aren't working. Have tried heat on my leg and did nothing. Took a pain pill and plan to go back to bed. That is not what is on my list for today, but my body and mind are not together. Sure glad I don't have to go to work until the 25th - and the plants may die.
advertisement

Comments

• am so sorry that you are hurting but resting sounds like the right thing to do. As far as plants dying , they should be fine but if not then they can be replaced...you however my friend are one of a kind and cannot be replaced. So off to bed with you to rest and recoup. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing....take care....Miki
  • malaw- I don't know how many plants you have or where but I use large plastic cups to water the plants I have indoors. That way it is not too heavy and I don't have to bend and/or lift. I hope the resting helps as well as the meds. take care. :) jade
  • Please, take it easy. It tkes your back time to heal. Just cause youre feeling better doesnt mean you ARE better.

Best Wishes,
    Christina :)
  • I managed to sleep just about all afternoon. I have a student who comes twice a week to water my plants. He had surgery this school year to fuse his breast bone ( from weightlifting)so he is not carrying much more than I can.
    When I sold my house 4 years ago I brought a pot of cannas, some trumpet lilies, violas, and just a sample of the plants I had there. I know they will come back, but just try to not let them look so yellow to make sure.

I also had to have the complex come de-water my carpet (AC leaked) and move a bookcase out. I am trying to get the things put back on the upper shelves. My daughter loaded the lower ones for me.

I know some people told me that Knee replacement was the worst surgery - they don't know what they are talking about. By this time last summer I was able to do most everything I needed to, but not this year. Sometimes wish I didn't HAVE to go back to work. Would take the pressure off on how soon I have to be able to stay up from 7 AM to 4PM. And that is a new feeling for me. I am always anxious to get back to work.

Oh well, enough complaining.
  • I'm sorry you are suffering so much. Just reading what you've been up to though I'm not surprised! It really sounds like you are over doing it a bit. I've recently had an outside tap fitted so I can water my garden with a hose pipe instead of the watering can. It's rained pretty much every day since so it's not had much use! But listen to Miki, she is right - the plants can be replaced or maybe even revived. It's just not worth wrecking your recovery. I hope things are better for you before you return to work. Take care, Spicey
  • I have been a little better today. Think I mostly needed to lay around and sleep. The cats are good at helping me do that. and we got rain today - almost 2 whole inches.
    I will find out how well I can do on the 15th and 18th. Have inservice meetings at two schools (1/2 days). The school will be understanding about me doing what I need to to survive the day, but still that first full day is going to be a doozy.
    I will have some students who didn't get hair cuts and can put them to work organizing my room for me, so I don't have to do the lifing. Besides ISS, I do a program called Credit Recovery and I know of at least one student who will be mine for one period and maybe 2 or 3 more. They truly become "my childen" and can become slave labor to get things from my truck and take them to my truck.
    Yeah, it is time for school to start - I'm talking about it too much. Do this every summer.
  • Yes, make sure you rest up all you can, your body needs it and stop thinking about school so early. Let yourself relax and not worry about all that stuff until you absolutely have to. :)

CHristina :)
advertisement