Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pre-surgical tests

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone had an EMG (nerve) test done? My doc wants to do it along with an EKG before my surgery. Is it painful? I asked if they had a non-needle EMG and they said they do. So I am hoping that it doesn't hurt too much! :)
Jaime (AZ)
advertisement

Comments

• It is mostly annoying. However it can be painfull, for a moment, if they really strike a nerve.

Dont worry about it, you will walk away just fine.

Best wishes.......
  • Thanks! I appreciate that! Im sure it is nothing compared to what I will be facing post-surgery! :)

Jaime
  • That is a true statement, but please... and everyone else will agree, be positive going in, have a plan for recovery, and make your hospital nurses help you meet those plans...... you will do just fine.

I was supposed to be in the hospital with a catheter for 5 days... I had the catheter out 4 hours post surgery, was walking the halls every hour that night, and was discharged 48 hours post surgery.......

Plan it, believe it, do it, and survive it.

Bes wishes..........
  • It was some what uncomfortable but not too bad. I had it on all limbs in one session so it took a while and I was glad when it was over. This is how I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, for whatever it was worth lol.
    I was fine after to drive the 50 min ride home.

You'll do fine!
  • EMG was nothing compared to the Discogram. And I was VERy worried after hearing about it. EKG was even less, just make sure you get all the sticky off you if you have a tape allergy.

• The EMG test isnt so bad. Just gives you little jolts of electricity to see how your nerves react.

Good Luck,
    CHristina :)
advertisement