Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm back!

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Thank you all for your kind words.
I had my acdf on friday 08/08/08. All went well. I had to stay in the hospital for 3 nights. Was in much much pain & couldn't eat.
I am wearing my soft bling collar. I do not like it but...
I think I am feeling well & try to do something like get a glass of water. That is too much right now. I get up & walk to the bathroom or aound the house as much as I can before i get too weak & dizzy.
I am on percs. 2 every 4 hours. I find that they do help but deffinatly look forward to the next pill. I have to say that I thought I would feel better. I still have a lot of pain in my neck & new left sided neck & upper back & arm pain. I see the surgeon on friday. I'm sure it's just the whole healing process.
I am so glad to be home. My 2 boys & husband have been wonderful.
advertisement

Comments

• back and it is good to know that you are doing so well. Just remember to follow all of the doctor's orders because you just went through major surgery and everybody's bodies react differently....so try to not over do it. Please keep us posted....take care....Miki
  • Glad to hear you are home and that you are doing pretty good so far. Just remember to take it easy and try not to overdo anything around the house!!! Keep us posted please!!
  • Take it easy and just relax now. I know it's hard, believe me and a lot of the others on here.

I still have on and off again pain but like you said, it's the healing in process. Could take up to a year according to my DO. I'm patient and very positive about all of it.

Stay well!!!
This discussion has been closed.