Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
during recovery, did numbness the last sign to be disappear???
advertisement

Comments

• Yes and sometimes it never disappears. However, for me as long as the pain is gone and there's no impairment, I could care less about numbness.

"C"
  • My lower legs have been numb for years - I couldn't care either - I'm just thrilled that at least one of my major thigh pains is gone post-op. It has taken months for this one little thing to start to feel better. I do have some new pains, and that's what is bothering me. I suspect the numbness will never go away, but it's not going to kill me and doesn't hurt so I am happy to just ignore it!
    Rosa
  • Do you have any muscle weakness associated with the numbness?
  • Rosa are you worried about permanent nerve damage? What kind of surgery did you have and when?

Just currious. :?

Thanks,

Julie
  • I do worry about that and suspect I already have permanent damage. As to weakness, yes, I think there is some of that too. It's the pain that bothers me most - I still have some leg pain after L4/L5 bilateral laminectomy and discectomy last May. Also have new low back pain in surgery area from scarring. I have been unable to get a straight answer from any doctor about the nerve damage. EMG shows some loss, but minor. I suppose the only way to follow it is to have an EMG every 5 yrs or so. I have been told an EMG only shows damage after you've had at least 50% loss - don't know if that is true.
    Rosa
advertisement