Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kyphon X-Stop help please!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I posted a couple of days ago looking for someone who has had this surgery to correct spinal stenosis. I have had no responses at all. Has no one had this instead of laminectomy/fusion type surgery?? Please if anyone has had this let me know how you are doing. I am facing surgery in less than two weeks.
advertisement

Comments

• This helps , I don't know much about the procedure but I have posted a link for you about it. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and I wish you the best of luck....Miki

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/x-stop-spinal-stenosis-research
  • reading priestess' website she posted it sounds like the x-stop is just a bandaid that may or maynot work but usually requires surgery again for variuos reasons. I would ask you surgeon why go this route whenfusions have higher success rates.

Best Wishes,
    CHristina :)
  • Thank you for answering me. My condition is isolated to my L4-L5 area right side only, and my doctor has had a lot of success with this new option. I am simply sick of being in pain and epidurals have ceased to help, pain pills are hard to function on all day and it would really be nice to sleep more than 2-3 hours, but I own my own business and no working- no money, so being off for several months is daunting. The information given online does not reflect all the latest findings and statistics since it only came out 3 yrs. ago. It is a minimally invasive procedure with less than 1 hr. day surgery, no cutting, fusing, rods, screws or extended recovery time, and it is reversable if needed. I am terrified of the other options at this point,(too many horror stories) so this seemed like something I was willing to try first. I just wish I could find some who have already done it to see how they are doing.
  • In here you read more of the bad stories then the good because the ppl with the good stories generally all dont bother cming back and posting bulletins as they have their lives back and are out living them and finally enjoying them
    I know a fusion may seem scarey but the best thin to do is RESEARCH, RESEARCH,RESEARCH!

Best Of Luck,
    Christina :)
advertisement