Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 Days off of the meds, 1 to go

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Pain Medications
All I have been taking is Cymbalta and Alleve...I am sooo beyond ready to go to my PM doctor appointment tomorrow it's not even funny! The good things that have come of this is: my mom can no longer attribute all loss of color in my face to it being the meds fault (I am white as a sheet and ready to yank my hair out, I hurt so badly), she can no longer blame the evil meds for me being out of it and cranky, and I don't think I'm going to take the Gabapentin anymore...

Bad things: I HURT LIKE HADES!! I'm not going to be able to make it until surgery without medications, though nice try...Right now I can barely make it through a day performing the barest of tasks required of me, much less work a full-time job!! And I'm exhausted, I'm getting so little sleep or what feels like good quality sleep because I keep waking up in pain! Right now I feel like a walking zombie and can barely sit at the computer to get anything done...I'm so tired and just a little over 24 hours to go!
advertisement

Comments

• Not as long as I live here! I have ZERO privacy and I think my mom is even trying to track down this website so she can read my posts...This is ridiculous!

The only way I can keep my meds a secret is for me to get my money from trial and move the heck out! And not only out, but maybe far away as well...I got a lecture on what a burden I am this morning and how when my money comes in I am sending her on a trip...Yeah, this is the life I had planned for me, let me tell ya! I guess I just have to be even more patient, do you think that's possible?! :''(

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DOCTOR AND THE CRUISE!!! On the good side, I was approved for unemployment benefits! I don't know why it takes so long EVERY TIME I APPLY! I lost my job mid-July for heavens' sake, and I haven't gotten a determination letter yet...

Oh, and I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, my brain feels like mushed peas...I'm trying!!
  • Classified as only PARTIALLY disabled, while there are tons of days where I feel fully disabled...I don't qualify for SSI and my doctors say I can do LIGHT duty work...The problem is finding an understanding employer and some one who is willing to take me on (I lost my job in July because I "always have something going on"). I am looking for work, registered with a temp agency, etc...Full-time is rough, but there's not much of a choice...And not many employers are real understanding about my doctors' visits.

So, in a sense and employment wise, I'm screwed! Hope that made sense!
  • I am so sorry that your family totally lacks any understanding or consideration for what you are going through! I do not think that you lack patience at all. I hope that you are serious about moving far away when you get your money. I can tell that you are a very sweet girl and do not deserve to be treated this way. I hope that you get a nice chunck of change and are able to do something nice for yourself and move far away. Maybe then your family might see you in a different light other than a burden. It is they that need an attitude adjustment, not you. Please keep us posted and anytime that you want or need to talk please post or PM. Do not let your family lower your self esteem any further than they probably already have.
  • I'm baaack, but not for long...Got my trigger points, he was about to give me a shot of toradol but I had to drive back home...He was really concerned about me, says I really need an ESI but with my trial limbo and waiting for medicare/medicaid, I have no way of raising $3000 to have one done...So he did trigger points and didn't charge me for them (I love him, I swear he's such a great doctor)...

Gave me samples out the wazoo of my Cymbalta, Nepro-something (anti-inflammatory), Voltaren Gel and Ultram ER along with scripts for mepergan and clonopin and said to double up on the robaxin instead of one...I am on ice and started crying when he injected my neck, but I know I'll feel better later!! My mom gave me a valium as I couldn't get to the pharmacy before it closed and have to drive back to his office tomorrow because he forgot to sign one of the scripts, but that's no biggie...I can't be mad, he's such a good dr.!

So I think things went well, just trying to make it through and I know the mepergan will help. Gotta go lay down, I hurt so badly and my blood pressure was HIGH from the pain! But I know the trigger point will help and I'll feel better in the next day or so...Thanks so much for the support guys, I doubt I could have made it through the past week and a half without it!! >:D< :X
  • you can find something that works for you. I agree with Paul...find some way to keep med info to yourself. What they don't know, won't hurt them.
  • I feel so much better now! I was really sore after the injections, so much so that I was in tears on Friday night, but I may have pushed myself a little too much...

Today I feel sooo much better, like I can think straight and I'm not cold all of the time! My blood pressure, which is usually textbook, was 154/114 or something retarded like that at the dr.'s office, and is now 109/68...My mom blamed my weight, it couldn't have been that I was in serious distress right?!?!?! For Pete's Sake, I'm not even overweight, I'm within my BMI!! But she thinks anyone who isn't a size 6 is fat, so therefore, I'm a little overweight lol!

I think I'm in good shape and ready to go on my cruise! YAY, vacay!!

Thanks so much for the support! Oh, and more good news, if the insurance company tries to appeal the decision, the appellate court 99.9% of the time will not allow them to!

P.S. Love the avatar Agriman! I love Spongebob!!
advertisement