Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

missing work from sciatica

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
How much work have you missed due to sciatica pain?

So far, i've missed 1.5 weeks.

I'm supposed to go back on Monday, but I can't imagine sitting there for 8-9 hours without being in utter misery.

what about you?

advertisement

Comments

• I'm not sure....I suppose I could try, but I'm extremely apprehensive as my nerve is still very inflamed and angry and sitting for any length of time (even driving 15mins to the chiro) aggravates the heck out of it.

I'm going to inquire about 4 hour shifts and see if my chiro will make a note that I'm not suited to work full time again yet.

What do you think?

It's precarious...i can't risk losing my job...or my back. :/
  • have you considered seeing a doc other than a chiro? It was my experience that the chiro helped at first but actually made things worse in the long run. Maybe another type of doc could do something to help more than the chiro seems to be doing.
  • Your sciatica may get better on its own. The vast majority of cases do within 6 weeks. Mine didn't. I will most likely need surgical intervention. I've been out of work since the end of February. Jobs come and go but you have only one you. Take care of yourself and your back. I understand money is an issue for most of us. But there are options if you need to be out for a longer period of time to recover (STD, generous family members, 401K, negotiate with your creditors). Best to you : )

Dryden
    PS. That is a great avatar!
  • Last year I was off work for total of almost 5 months.That's what pushed me to have the surgery on 12/22/07.Been off work since,and still not ready to go back.Never had any benefits...
    There is no dilemma for me here or,my wife.She is the one insisting that I stay home and recover completely.Health should always be first.
    Hope you feel better!

Cheers,G.
  • a muscle relaxer and anti-inflamitory drug? Last year I had pretty severe sciatica going on 3 months straight, Because I drive a lot with my job I was given skelaxin and celebrex and about 2 x a week I went for a massage. I also stretched several times a day.

The skelaxin was less tiring than flexerile- I was still whiped out but some how managed/I work from home though ;))

Feel Better,

Julie
  • i was off 2months in the new year with my back i was even on the sick for my 21st birthday :( i went back to work in march i work the motorway services doing alot of hands on jobs its now August after having no trouble with it im back on the sick again i cant belive it iv used all my sick pay up for the year (4weeks) so im on £75 a week and i live in my own place im in cronic pain i just wanna ask for surgurey now im in that much pain can i do that?
advertisement