Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My name is Laura and i am a painaholic

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
L4L5S1 Fusion 3/04. No real help but the Dr's tell me this is the one that gives surgery a bad name. I have had numerous SI in several areas. Recently had a Medial Branch Block and I am going in for the RF next week. I am tired of steroids and sick to death of being a slave to my meds.
I have found much information here and I am so happy to have wandered to this "place" while doing research for the nerve burn! I am ever hopeful that I am going to feel great and get back into my high heels! oh yea, and the treadmill. I have put on 50 lbs, mostly since my near fatal car accident last year. I was thrown 30 feet out the passenger side window, and all my hard wear stayed in place, THANK YOU JESUS! I try to stay optimistic and paint that happy face on every morning because no one likes a grump!
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. that is sad news that your surgery was a failure. :T it does happen as i am sure you know by reading some of the board. we have a weight loss group here if you are interested. pm me and i will give you the details. a great group of women dealing with pain issues and trying to lose weight! come over and see us! Jenny :)
  • I hope that you get as much relief as I have with the rhizotomy. Remember not to expect immediate results as the nerves take a little time to die. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Theres alot of ppl here that are willing to share their experiences and are willing to listen as well. Not only can you educate yourself here but also meet new friends.

Best wishes,
    Christina :)
  • laura- sorry to hear of the near fatal accident but am glad to hear there was a positive aspect as the hardware stayed in place. #:S I too look forward to the day I get to wear my heels again. Or to use my treadmill. It is collecting dust and spider webs. :D jade
  • How do you feel after your surgery?
  • I find it is helpful when I pull clothes out of the dryer....I can hang shirts over the arm so they get less wrinkled! :))( I have gotten so enthusiastic several times and jumped on determined to change my life....only to make matters much worse. :''( It takes up so much room in my bedroom and is a constant reminder that I am so out of shape! =)) I think I will go watch the Olympics now...take care :H
advertisement