Finally, after 10 months of suffering and lots of waiting, I got my 2nd opinion on tuesday and I saw my original surgeon again today. He is happy to do the surgery! He will remove the Dynesys hardware and then replace it with a PLIF. What I found very telling was when he was dictating what was required for the surgery, he said they would need a Dynesys removal kit. Then he went on to say that he has had to do revisions on every single Dynesys patient they have had!
So, he is hoping that he will be able to get me in to have this done sometime in September - that I was not expecting! So now it's a mixture of excitement and extreme nervousness, especially as he has just gone through all the possible risks and complications, and warned me that after all that this may not actually work with regards to lessening my pain. But it's a risk worth taking in my opinion.
So, the only down side to all of this is that I now have to rush to find my dog a new home. As some of you already know I am struggling to take care of him and I'm just not going to be able to do it after the surgery. It really saddens me but it has to be done
I've decided to keep my cats for now, and just see how things go. They aren't as much work (unless they are throwing up or bringing me dead animals home as gifts!) I'll let you all know when I have a date - already got my grabbers and grab rails in the shower, so that's a good start!
Will keep you posted on when I get a date!