Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here (coccydynia)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,

I am a 32yr old stay at home mom of three (ages 4,6,8 ), married for over 11 years. We currently live in Washington, we will be moving to Germany late this fall. My husband is in the Army.
I have been dealing with pain in the coccyx for over a year after falling while redoing hardwood floors. I use a nylon donut and a rubber one too, although they don't offer much relief. I now have lower back pain from sitting with most of my weight on one hip or the other! I also sit propped on my side, more of a leaning position. I don't think many realize who much being able to sit in any chair is over looked. I look at chairs now with dread, wondering how am I going to sit without hurting my rump too much.
The hardest thing for me is having some family who don't believe my pain is real. That there are nothing that could be done about it, and that I just have to live with it. I have had this for over a year, and I don't want to continue living with this pain.
I am glad that I came across this site, and am hopeful for some support from others who understand.

- Coccydynia (tailbone pain) - Slight dislocation.
- X-rays, MRI, and more X-rays.
- Nothing muscular, nothing neuro, slight dislocation
- Trazadone (insomnia), being weaned from Effexor XL to Welbutrin (depression and possible pain relief). I stay at home and can't handle the stronger stuff with small shildren.
- April 2007, re-doing the floor in daughters bedroom, husband removed the floor vent, I stepped in it and fell directly on my tailbone, on the hard wood floor! Have just dealt with the pain! My husband deployed to Iraq a month later, so no one really heard me complain. When he returned in May '08, he got tired of hearing me complaining about my pain, and told me to go to the doctors.
- Got first corticosteriod injection this morning! (8/14/08). (Have questions for those who have had these before)
- PCP and Orthopedics
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry for your pain. I have no experience with coccyx problems or corticosteroid injections, so have no advice. The sitting issue however, I understand completely.

This is a great community of caring people, so you should be receiving replies soon from people who have had related experiences.

Good luck!
  • Welcome to spine-health,i have tailbone pain too.i have levator syndrom...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so sorry you are in pain and dealing with it by yourself. please let the forum give you some much needed comfort! you are not alone and can come here day or night and find someone who cares! it is very frustrating when all the pictures and pokes don't add up to a working diagnosis. don't give up! you know your pain is real and you need to gather your strength together, add the strength you are going to find here, and keep pressing for medical care. it is very difficult for the people we love to sometimes believe us and support us. many times it is out of fear or ignorance of what pain is all about. good luck with your situation! check out the chronic pain forum for some added support! hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • many of us here have tailbone pain but as of yet I have not heard a good solution. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Welcome to Spine Health. We'll do all we can to help answer any questions you may have :)

Take care,
    Christina >:D<
  • Welcome to Spine Health.

So you are PCSing to Germany this Fall. I would recommend having the records section at the MTF your records are kept, make a copy before you PCS. They usually like a 30 day window to get it done. Depending on where you are going to be in Germany, you may find it "different" from what you are used to in terms of care. Records tend to get lost during transit, so it really pays to have a back up set.

Keep us plugged in to your laptop, because we won't go away or get lost.

Take it easy

"C"
  • Hi and welcome!

Sore huh? I have suffered with this for many years. Dare I suggest that if they can find no abnormaility you go and see a PT to get some postural advice and seat adaptations etc.

I found myself compensating for my sore behind and twisting in chairs. This of course added to my other spine problems.

There is a good web site coccyx.org with loads of good advice. I wish you luck but take lots af pain meds and remember a good posture and rest from sitting regularly.
    Good Luck
  • i have just found this web site and is one of the best i have seen for information. i have protuding c5@6, alos l5and s1 . i am set for surgery on the 27TH of august for l5s1 . then after that i will have the c5@6 taken care of . i hope this will be over in a year or so. i cant imagne the surgery being any worse than the discogram ihad done. that is the most pain i have ever felt. my surgeon does these because i have a pace maker. if anyone has these i feel for you but they are necessary torcher. please excuse my spelling but i went brain dead for a minuet.
advertisement