Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

migrains after surgery

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:S Hello every one it has been 4 weeks since my Level one fusion of l5 s1 disk plif. i am a person that gets migrains anyway but befor my surgery i had not had a bad one for over six months. I have had three with in a weeks period. i am wondering if this is normal or if it is something i need to worrie about?? :? :?
I have had a few things to stress me out but i did not think it was to bad. unless back in my mind i am stressing more than i thought. i have called my doctors office to see if i need to worrie but no phone call back yet!
advertisement

Comments

• Cherry, I also am a fellow migraine sufferer. The first several weeks home I did not get a lot of sleep and I think that contributed to me getting migraines after surgery. Are you sleeping? or any other problems that typically cause your migraines. Mine have a lot to do with low pressure systems in the weather also. I saw my neurologist today and told her my headaches have been under control for the last several weeks, sometimes I wake up with a headache but once I get up and move around it doesn't go into a migraine. I wish you the best, who needs that on top of the back healing?
  • I started getting headaches this last week, at 3 weeks post-op.

I've wondered about them being medication induced, dehydration, exhaustion - all kinds of things.

I would defintely stay on top of your NS - if they don't call back, you call them again. Could be as easy as switching meds or adding a sleep aid?

Good Luck
  • Hi Cherry,
    Are you still taking any pain killers?
    I know that I am NOT a headache person, rare for me unless I need my neck adjusted but since my surgery I have had a lot of headaches and morning nausea, which I have been told is from the pain killers.
    I will be very pleased to come off them.

Oh and surely the pain killers should be getting rid of the pain from the headaches. (scratching head) 8}

Hope you are feeling better.
    Sara
  • I also think that the painkillers could be causing your migraines. I too use to get migraines all the time but about 3 years ago they started to get less and less. Im also wondering if your Three in one week might have just been one bad one that lingered. I know I had some that use to last te full week, Ughh I know how they feel.

Anyway I hope you recieve some help for them.

Best Wishes,
    Christina :)
advertisement