Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any one taking Norflex?

manaleriemmanalerie Posts: 547
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Pain Medications
My doctor recently switched me from Kadian, to Ultram and Skelaxin. One of the two is causing me to feel like I drank a pot of coffee... terrible jitters. Tight burning chest, can't sleep, but so tired. Also find it hard to breath, like every few minutes I have to take a really deep breath. I explained that to the doctor, and we both agreed that we believe it was the skelaxin that was causing this to happen. He switched me to Norflex. I was looking up the side affects, and fast heartbeat and tight chest are listed as serious reactions for norflex, but weren't listed as side affects at all for skelaxin.

Is anyone here taking Norflex? Just curious if you have had any luck with this.

Thanks
Amanda
advertisement

Comments

• Norflex worked better than Skelaxin for me. I did have some of those side effects when I took Ultram, tho. Some meds in combination with Ultram cause reactions, especially some anti-depressants, so if you're on other meds, you might ask your pharmacist to check compatibilities. Sometimes prescribing docs aren't aware of those, especially if not all of your meds come from the same doc.

Hope you have good relief with the Norflex.
  • not currently taking antidepressants, and all of my current meds are from my neuro. I did read that most of those problems are listed as side effects of ultram. Just hope it doesn't get worse with the Norflex, plus he increased my tramadol from 1 twice a day to 2 twice a day, I may have to switch from tramadol then.
  • made me feel the same way you were discribing. I did not have any side effects with the skelaxin. When I stopped the Ultram the insomnia, jitters, tight chest and a feeling of wanting to move around and do something all the time went away. I would say if you still have the side effects after the skelaxin is out of your system then I would change the Ultram. Like I said I didn't like it at all. When we stopped the Ultram the side effects went away. It is such a pain doing the whole trial and error thing!