Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

microdicectomy yesterday

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
after suffering l 4/5 prolapse for over a year i had my op yesterday , now have no sciatic pain , but surgery site
( incision) is very sore , and back muscles feel tight and stiff, trying to keep moving about occasionaly, hope each day pain will lessen,
still taking morphine but have to wean myself off them slowly , and have been given paracetamol and ibrupofen,
glad i had it done , but have to admit i was scared of any complications, touch wood theres light at the end of the tu nnel now, :H
advertisement

Comments

• You are now on the other side and that is great.If you had the surgery yesterday you are obvioulsy doing well.

The surgery site will be sore for a while but the paracetemol usually helps with that. Dont try to be brave and do without.

Keep the good recovery going

Blessings Sara
  • Be sure to take care of yourself and do not do anything stupid because you feel ok. I did and now look where I am at. The pain may come back a little. The NS told me that the local anthesia wears completely off in 3-4 days, so don't worry I you start hurting a little bit more. I am so glad you are doing well. Like Angelback said be sure to take your meds. If the pain gets out of hand the meds may not work then.
  • It's nice being on this side isnt it? No more worries of the unknown :)

Christina :)