Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who else is dreading...

EMTgoneNUTZEEMTgoneNUTZ Posts: 321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
the WAY too fast approaching cold winter weather-and it's huge impact on our pain??? :S :SS :<

Living in Michigan...our cold weather will be upon us most likely in a month. YUCK! I will be freezing from Sept thru Memorial Day!!! Waking up MORE stiff...stuck in bed because it hurts too much to go downstairs....spasms increasing two-fold...constantly having to worry about slipping on the ice and messing up what's left of my spine....needing that extra "PRN" pain pill sooner than bedtime....

Where did the summer go???? ~X( I say we all chip in and buy a house on a Caribbean island...like say, Aruba, where they're south of the hurricane areas and a perfectly pleasant temperature year round! :D
advertisement

Comments

• I'm not a fan of winter anymore either! It hurts in more ways than one! Plus the water gets cold and that hurts too.

I do miss seeing snow and the pretty part of winter, but seeing and feeling are two different things.

"C"
  • OK, let's start looking for a real estate agent! I agree with you, I happen to live in a much milder climate, the Arizona desert, but I still have much more severe pain in the winter. Also when it's cold & rainy outside! That just compounds the pain even more. Let me know when you want to move and I'll have my bags packed. Can I bring my husband?
  • I saw the perfect place once. The island of Bonaire. It looks like someone took a chunk of Arizona and plunked it right down in the Carribean. It's a part of the ABC islands. Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

Excellent food, warm weather, warm water ... just outside of the hurricaine belt so even better.

Husbands are allowed. Critters too.
  • I'm so in!! I'm not looking forward to the winter either... makes me cranky just thinking about it! grrrrrrrr ">image
  • Paul,

If I go by your gorgeous avatar photo, you should be very stable on all for legs ... er ... paws =))

Cute baby, what's her name?
  • Down South for the winter. We are not bothered by hurricanes in the winter months!
  • Well, at least I'm not alone on this, eh?!!! :D Actually, someday I WILL retire to a warmer climate...ha-"retire"..as if that's truly an option for me...can one "retire" from being unemployed??? :? :/ :B ;)

I guess we'll just hafta keep each other out of the cave as much as possible in the upcoming chilly/damn cold region then, huh? I've been thinking the last couple days that since up here we've only had one 90* temp. day this summer, I believe that just means a colder than avg. winter...yuck! :sick:

But it's low to mid 80's for highs and lows in the 60's for at least the next week here so I say, let's enjoy the heck outta it while we can!! <:P :D

Speaking of hurricanes...those of you in Fay's path are in my prayers. My folks live a mile and a half from the Gulf coast near Tampa Bay and Boca Ciega Bay and they went ahead and evacuated early (this morning) to get ahead of the rush/traffic. They stopped at Mobile, Alabama for now and are keeping close eye on the track of this baby. If the worst happens, they'll temporarily be moving in with me and the kids back home here in Mich. Sure hope Fay stays to the weaker end and doesn't come up Tampa Bay as some are saying it's going to. Hope everyone down that way stays safe and out of harms way (both persons and property!)

Hey Paul...thanks for the welcome home! Sorry I disappeared for so long but I just don't spend as much time online anymore. I'm sure as the weather changes I'll be around here more often. I'll try to help as much as I can-just can't promise how frequent that might be, at least in the short term future anyhoo.

Hope everyone is sleeping soundly and pain free-ly tonight! I'm about to go off to see the wizard pretty soon myself now that my eyelids are finally gettin heavy. Think I'll go attempt to dream about that Caribbean home again... 8> (|: I)

Have a happy Monday everyone! (or at least TRY to!) :)
  • I'm convinced that I have the opposite of the standard Seasonal Affective Disorder. The hot weather makes me cranky and miserable. I have problems sleeping, my appetite decreases, my mood is foul, etc. If the entire year were repeated cycles of autumn and winter (with a spring every, say, leap year), I'd be delighted.

So, if there's a northern contingent, follow me.

• I cannot stand winters anymore, the pain I experienced in Feb, before my DX has me hoping my doctor will work with me through the pain a coming.

I used to love winter too.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Don't like cold, don't like hot! I'm a spring and fall kinda guy. And I live in Califonia.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Well, in order to please us all...how about if we go somewhere with very low humidity and a steady 75* temps?? Would that work? ;)

I'm pretty easy to please as long as it's not highly humid or below the mid 60's...and of course there HAS to be palm trees!!! I'm *slightly* obsessed with them! :D
  • I am actually looking forward to winter this year. I usually love the summer but I have been so depressed because I havn't been able to enjoy it. When winter gets here I won't feel so bad being couped up in the house doing nothing knowing that everone else is doing the same thing.
  • I have to admit that even weather systems in the summer can drive me crazy (as in the 10 degree C weather in mid-August!!), but winter is brutal. I live in a ski town, so winter runs from October to at least mid-April, so it's a loooooong haul!! :''( We disappear to Mexico for one week, but it's not enough...we're aiming for at least a couple of weeks, or even a month, early next year if we can swing it. If I could just lay on hot sand all day, my body would love me for it!!

I went to physio the other day and my therapist asked how I was doing that day. I told her I figured I'd been run over by a truck the previous night, and she said everyone she'd had in that day was in the same boat. So no matter WHO tells you it's all in your head, it is NOT in your head! Really!

Tracy
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.