Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Am I allowed to feel this good??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Good News
This has got to be one for the record books! Granted I only had a single level PLIF (L5-S1) on 04 Aug, but I'm feeling FANTASTIC!!! My DDD had made sitting nearly impossible for 3 years (limited to 90 min/day - seriously; though I was blessed with the ability to walk/stand). I was finally able to talk the Navy into doing the PLIF after two years of multiple Epidurals and Focette Blocks which provided only temporarily relief. Now I can honestly say I WISH I had stayed in the hospital a 3rd day, and I was plagued with some nasty Sciatic nerve pain on days 4-5 (new Rx's for Neurontin and a step-down Methylprenisone stuff took care of). But since DAY 8 I have been feeling WONDERFUL!!! I am taking 1/2-1/4 of the max Rx dosages, taking relatively long walks (several blocks), etc. WOW!!! I'm wearing my brace religiously and ice packs often. I can't imagine how good I'm going to feel in a month. GOD CERTAINLY HAS ANSWERED SOME PRAYERS ON THIS ONE - FROM CHOOSING THE DOC & BLESSING HER HANDS TO A MINIMALLY PAINFUL RECOVERY!!!! <:P
advertisement

Comments

• Yes Monica, you certainly are entitled to feel that good. You have suffered enough, now it is rewards time! But even if you feel like dancing, remember you just had surgery, so take it easy! Rest, let family and friends pamper you and enjoy.

All the best for your continuing recovery!

Kin
  • I am so glad you have found relieve from your pain. Kin is right, don't get over confident.

I had a single level lumbar fusion in 2003. I watch it now and know the things that I can get away with. But the not sitting down and the horrible leg pain have never returned for me.

And.........Yeah for you!!!!!

• I had my surgery on 8/5 and Im not even close to walking half a block. I feel like I have a tennis ball in my back.
    Just taking a shower wears me out. My girlfriends took me to lunch the other day and i just about died. I ended up in bed for the rest of the day.

Im so happy for you that you feel so good. I hope i will get there eventually!!

Take it easy!
  • Patience, Veronica! Your not even two-weeks post-op. The tiredness and all the other things you are experiencing are normal so soon after your surgery. My surgery was 3 1/2 months ago, I feel otherwise great but my stamina still has not returned. So I guess we just have to wait this out.

Good luck in your recovery,

Kin
advertisement