Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lumbar support cushion for office chair

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Please reccommend the best lumbar support pillow/cushion you've used as I'll need one for when I go back to work.

Also, one that might be good for piriformis syndrome.

thanks in advance!!!
advertisement

Comments

• Hi chantpa -
    I've had my lumbar pillow for so long, I have no idea where I got it. Your best bet would be to go to a Relax the Back store (or a medical supply store if you live near a good one) and try them out for yourself, see what works for your height / body type.

A couple of features I like about mine - it is stiff, not squishy. Not like a rock but very supportive. It does not have a little belt or ties on it to keep it attached to the chair, which is a key feature, I use an adjustable webbing "belt" thingie from REI or someplace, works just as well.
    --Melissa

• octoberoneooctoberone OaklandPosts: 6
    edited 05/20/2016 - 6:31 AM
    HI 

I'm a software engineer and sit in front of a computer almost 8 hours a day. My lower back and my butt hurt every day, I used to use this pillow on my chair but lately it's just not helping anymore. I have to stand up a lot throughout the day just to relieve the pain. So my son bought a new seat cushion called [edit] Amazon for me with hopes that it could relieve my lower back pain. 

This is the third and the best seat cushion I have ever bought on Amazon (first and second were too hard and small, i weight about lbs 244). What's so great about it is that while it's super soft there's still this certain firmness about it so it has not yet gone flat. Memory foam maybe. When I first sit on it I feel the quality and the stiffness which I mentioned which to me is great because the material isn't degrading but give it 1-3 mins and the material warms up and forms to you like a glove and you automatically feel the support and comfort. Now I take this lil guy with me literally everywhere I go. 

It's been about 3 weeks since I have used [edit] cushion and it doesn't feel cheap or will flatten anytime soon. When you sit down on it it compresses but as soon as you get back up it stiffens back up. Let's see how long it will last but so far I love this thing religiously and my colleagues in the office who have used it swear by it as well. 

Amazingly, it's not that expensive. Mine cost about $35. Is it worth it? In my opinion, absolutely: thousands of dollars that would have gone to the chiropractor to straighten and fix my spine and posture was thousands of dollars saved thanks to this bad boy.

It helps a lot (especially in the car or at work and if when we go into a restaurant or somewhere with hard seats (hate those darn wooden chairs lol).
This discussion has been closed.