Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

YEAH A LITTLE RELIEF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
YEAH! I finally am getting some relief. I had bilateral 3 level facet blocks on Wed last week. Usually the dr doesn't do anything but put some lidocaine there and if the lidocaine seems to cover the areas with the pain then you will need a radiofrequency. Of course, the dr that did mine is one of the ones I work for in the pain clinic. They don't have time to do bilateral radiofrequency on me that usually takes 1.5 hrs to complete and the total day off from them knocking you out with pain meds and sedative (versed). So what he did was just put some steroids in each level. I am definately not totally better but I can deal with this. I am much more comfortable moving around and playing with my son. I hope it stays this way. I really hope its not just a concidence that I am doing better and its not just a good day.

I woke up this morning determined to get all of my drs notes, or reports, mri reports, and other labs together for Duke. I'm having a hard time locating some of them though. My orthopedic surgeon left town and moved his office but didn't take his records with him. The hospital that he did my surgery in don't have them because they are dated back to 1992-2000. I guess they will just have to take my word for it.

I just found out Friday that one our employees (thats husband is a neurosurgeon) knows the director (?) at the spine center at Duke Univerity Hospital. She told me that she would help me out if I need her to.

After all of the bad news finally good. Maybe things will start to look up for me.
advertisement

Comments

• SO good to hear that you are finally getting some results and havig some pain relief. I hope it continues to work for you :)

Good Luck,
    Christina >:D<
  • Well so far so good. Not 100% but I'll take any kind of relief. I am continuing to do well as of today anyways. I haven't done much this weekend though. I will really know about 5pm tomorrow how I am feeling and how much it has helped. My husband was home yesterday so he helped me out alot and today we played in the pool for about 1.5 hrs and I took a 2.5hr nap with my son. So I haven't did anything today to cause me any problems. Like I said we will see tomorrow. Monday is our busiest day at work. Thanks Christina for the best wishes. Best wishes with you too.