Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Returning member...Hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I am so glad to be back on the forum. :H My name is Jackie from Santa Cruz, CA. I am facing a complicated revision surgery after finding out that my PLIF L 4/5 that was done in 9/2007 was not successful and that there is no fusion. My back pain has not improved and now I am not only in disabling pain, I am physically weak and emotional fragile, but my spiritual life is better. I have stopped fighting and trying to understand. This has given me a freedom I did not expect. O:) I am so blessed to have great support people in my life but I really felt it was important for me to return to this forum and re introduce myself to everyone. I absolutely cannot go through this process alone. I thought I would start here in new member intro and then find some other folks out there who have or are facing a revision. My NS specializes in complex spine surgery and is planning an anterior/posterior approach to the revision. I have spent a lot of time reading about the surgery since then. I'm scared because this surgery is very intense.
Take care everyone,
Jackie

P.S. I will to figure out how to get into my account info and complete my "spine bio" that follows my signature since it is not complete
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the new forum! we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so sorry to hear of your failed surgery. you have come back here and i hope you find the comfort you so need. please make yourself at home and check out "Chronic Pain" or maybe "Back surgeries" for that much needed support. good luck! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to spine-health..
  • I am so sorry to hear of your failed surgery. The only thing worse than facing spinal surgery is facing it a second time. I think after the first one we know what to expect and makes it much harder to face again. I am glad that you are back for support and hope that this one will be a success. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • Thank you so much for welcoming me back!
    Jackie
  • Hi my name is Della Im from Tn. Ive been visiting this sight for over a year. It is a wonderful sight. Last year I had acdf of6/7 I was so worried and scared there were so many helpful people on this forum. I have been doing fairly well until lately I seem to have pain alot in my shoulders and hip.
advertisement