Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ready for work

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
i have been off work since april with fusion in l3 which compensated for a failed laminectomy in l3 last april,07. i am a little mad because is was supposed to go back on the 22nd of this month. i got a letter from my principal saying i was going to teach a new series of classes and my credential says that i was the only one eligable to teach this class. the problem was that i had to go back early , the 11th instead of the 22nd to take the class. i had to sit in a class for 6-7 hours. i had a note that stated that i had limitations of how long i could sit etc. when i complained to the instructor about pain she said she did not care and that i was supposed to do all of the activities anyway. I DID ALL ACTIVITIES THAT THEY WANTED SO I WAS ANGRY. i told teacher this but she did not respond. anyway the letter from my principal stated that my job depended on me taking these classes. i was not threatened with loss of job or what ever, but it still said in a very loose way that i had to take the class. my principal knew i was still out. so long story short, i had to get released early from my dr to take these classes. i hope going back early does not hamper my recovery. i mentioned this to our union and they are basically useless. they did not say anything or offer to help. any suggestions from any legal experts out there. i know being released by my dr means i am able to go back to work and i explained this to him. i said my job depended on my getting back early but i am sure he woulld not release me if i did not want to
oh my what to do. what should i do. shut up and go back smiling or spend money and seek further legal help
jon
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Jon,

I have nothing legal I could tell you. I went back too early. No job is worth your health. I still work for the same company and have been through some hard times with all the harassment and innuendos from company supervisors, co-workers and HR. I had to make a new contract with them on my specific limitations in writing through HR. My doctors also had to get involved with this as well as my insurance company. Protect yourself first, I was to anxious to get back to work and was also in the wrong frame of mind trying to prove myself to everyone. I wish you the best and hope that it works out for you.

O-
  • thanks
    one of the good things about teaching is that i cannot be fired, i'm tenured. i can be moved to a different school or teach something else, it is up to the administrators.
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
This discussion has been closed.