Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 months post PLIF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H

Guys I need some opinions please. I am 6 months post revision PLIF (I had Dynsesis and PLIF 18 mths ago)but failed union so had it removed. I am still in agony. If a level was declared non union what changes and after what sort of time? My revision was did not address the non union just changed the hardware. I have a review coming up and I'm scared Doc will wash his hands of me...Pain being caused by something and NOT in my head. My drugs don't work - i still get breakthrough. On a good day they may cover me for 3 hours but on a bad day it is like I have taken sweets, sugar pills. So I have learnt that removal of Dynesis is painful and risk of further surgery success reduced. Is this true? so many questions. What do I need to ask him now?

Sorry this is a bit of a whine...I need some direction. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• You need to find out what exactly is causing the pain. I know that sounds basic and it sounds like you have assumed that it is the non-union that has caused it.
    Did the Dr use the BMP when you had the fusion?
    If you have a non-fusion still is there any way they coudl add the BMP to the graft (dont know if this is possible).
    Also why did the revision not address the non-union?were they hoping that it may have just been slow to happen?
    I dont know much about the Dynesis except that there seem to be a lot of people having it removed.

That si all I can help with I'm sorry.
    Oh are you walking? I have found that walking can make my back hurt but then if i keep going the pain actually goes away with the more I walk.

Blessings Sara