Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

old scoliosis+ DDD + buldging disc + facet joint + narrowing + nerve compression

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
This is what my MRI said and I am still waiting to go to the doctor. I had scoliosis surgery in 1982 and am not sure what the numbers are but its from top to bottom and part of my hip is fused to the 3 harrington rods. I would like to know if anyone has had surgery for any of these things on top of having all the old metal in your back and whats the outcome. I really want surgery because I'm in so much pain right now. Any thoughts? Thanks Melissa
advertisement

Comments

• I posted this morning and noticed I have 0 replies. Please, someone has to have something in common with me!!!! Anything!!
    Thanks
    Melissa
  • Hi Melissa,

Sorry I don't have anything of the sort or I would be more than happy to share my experience with you.

There's another new gal, "carriegill" that sounds as if she has a very similar situation, at least as far as the rods inplanted for the scoliosis and the constant pain.

Hope someone can reply to you soon.

"C"
  • sorry no one responded yet - there are soooo mnay posts every day, all day long so it's tough to get to them, even for people who read the threads a lot.

I think you listed a lot of things, but wasn't very specific and that doesn't really give anyone anything to respond to in detail. Also, I'm unsure of your symptoms other than pain.

Is your appt with the doctor soon? Is it an orthopedic or neurosurgeon (as opposed to a GP internist?). You really need to talk to a doctor about your specific problems to see if there is anything they can do to help with the pain.

Try to spend some time reading other posts in the meantime, and also spend some time using the more technical information on this website to fully learn about spine anatomy so when you do finally see your doctor, you'll be better equipped to have a discussion.
  • Here's a link showing carriegill's issues so you can see if they are similar.

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/scoliosis/hardware-removal-0
  • it is not that we would not love to help you. It will just take the right person to come along that has experiences similar to yours in order to respond. Please tell us more about what you are going through and maybe that will help. I actually do have DDD and facet arthropathy but no scoliosis so I have never experienced surgery for the scoliosis.
  • I will just keep reading and wait for my doctors appointment. Thank you all for helping.
    Melissa
  • for your own sanity please don't try to read your MRI it will only freak you out. I say this cause I have tried to many times. And all it did was send me into a deep depression.

Please keep in mind that most surgeries don't take the pain away and if you jump the gun to fast and pick surgery you may not be doing the right thing. First start out with trying to find the pain source this is a slow process but will be better in the end your pain could be from several sources. I know this from past. I have so so much metal in my back and still having surgeries for the simular things.

I also have had surgeries I did NOT need this is common in the back pain side, but just be carefull and take it slow on agreeing on a treatment plan.

Keep us posted as to what your out come is.

Paula
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.