Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yikes -- epidural steroid injection in the morning

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm having a lumbar ESI tomorrow morning for L5/S1 and am getting a little nervous... :S It will be good to get it over with and then the waiting will begin to see if the steroids work and for how long. ~kathleen
advertisement

Comments

• the unknown is often much worse than the procedure. Good luck.
  • My ESI was done this morning at 9:30. I had to be at the doctor's office a half hour early for the sedation and after a litle while the nurse walked me to the back area, took my temp and blood pressure and then took me in the room where the injections are done. The doctor and his assistant were super nice and the injection was a little uncomfortable, but didn't really hurt. The doctor said I tolerated it so well that I probably wouldn't need the Versed next time unless I wanted it. For me, it's not a question of NEED, it's a question of diminished anxiety and improved comfort level so I'll choose the sedation again if there is a second injection. My husband drove me both ways and I was asleep 10 minutes after arriving at home! Now, about 6 hours later, my back and legs are pretty sore, but tolerable. I'm using ice and just took an Ultram ER a bit ago. Back to my nap now.....

Take care, everyone,
    Kathleen
  • Good to see your Esi is done,i hope you get some pain relief from it...take care
  • Had first injection with Versed, mostly for anxiety. All and all the experience was much better than I thought it would be.
    I have issues froma fall 14 months ago at work. I've been shuffled by work comp to a couple of different clinics. I
    Finally something was offered that worked for a almost 10 days.
    I have a slight menicus tear in my knee, lumbar pain and if that wasn't enough, I have almost become crippled due to severe burning, tingling, numbing pain in my legs and the worst pain possible in my heel area (both heels)
    The knee/foot doctor doesn't think my feet have anything to do with my knee injury and would like to do knee surgery ASAP (after 14 months)??
    It is the back doctor who ordered the ESI. The day following the injection, my feet were almost pain free.
    I go to the back doctor next week for follow up.
    Sadly the pain relief is diminishing slowly. My feet are not as bad as before but are beginning to burn, tingle and hurt again. Also the leg pain is returning as well.
    This is the first time I have ever been involved with workman's comp, and I wish I never had to get involved with it.
    Sorry to ramble on but it just found this site and I loved reading about ESI experiences.
    Hopefully another injection will help even more, it also has helped my knee pain. Not wanting to have surgery on the knee until I'm sure I will be able to walk enough to do rehab.
    Thank you for being here!
  • had my second epidural. it went well and its nice to feel my legs which I don't think I have felt for a long time. This was done without any anesthetic and certainly was not needed. It went better then first and was much faster. I had epidural years ago and they at that time put you out. I like this much better as its not so scary. Th last time when I had three it did nothing. This time I see a difference. The whole thing will be how long I will see a difference. #:S
    I think we all just need to be a little more positive...I know my problem is definately that and I need to be more positive myself!!
    Hugs;
    Deebelle
    (I am new to you but not to pain)
advertisement