Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Florida Spinies

EwaightEEwaight Posts: 250
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Water Cooler
We had several friends from Florida in chat last night. I know you guys are getting ready for the big storm to hit there today.

Pop in if you get a chance and let us know how you are doing. My thoughts and prayers are with you all today.

advertisement

Comments

• at radar a minute ago and it is dumping piles of rain. Looks like it will work it's way up the peninsula during the day and start effecting us Georgians tonite. Hang in there Floridians....hope the wind is not too bad.
  • I am sure that we are all fine. We have been through so much worse, that this Tropical Storm will be just a walk in the park. Thanks my fellow spinies for all of your prayers and support. I will update tonight if I have power.
  • Doing ok in the Lakeland area, Hopefully its headed away from us.
  • channel said it increased in strength after landfall. Probably due to wwarm water in Everglades and the fact Florida is so flat, it doesn't offer much resistance. They have it going off into the Atlantic and swinging back, coming across north Florida and across the panhandle. Aint no tellin' what this thing is gonna do. Floridians should be getting a PILE of rain. Hope the best for all you fellow spiney's out there.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey you southerners, send some rain up to northern MN. We are drying up again this summer, fire danger is getting up there, and the lakes are getting lower.
    At least your winters are warm!
    Ranger
  • Thanks for asking. SW Georgia is doing ok. Just gusts from the outskirts of the storm. No rain or anything...yet. Thursday and Friday will probably be a different story. I just wondering if it comes back across florida and gets in the gulf what will happen. Time will tell...

Hope you are doing ok. What area Florida are u in?
  • dry as a bone in Tennessee. Just checking in on you guys. Looking for the other half of the twinstigators. I know Mikki is in GA as well.
  • must love Florida. It's just sitting there dumping piles of rain on Florida's east coast. Melbourne area has recieved over 24 inches of rain!!!
  • here and doing fine , just getting slammed with rain and winds....it should be getting worse in the next day or two but hopefully that will be it....sending much love and well wishes to our Florida members , try to stay dry.... >:D<

Hey Ben , you getting wet yet???? ;))
  • man , it has been raining and raining with wind howling at times. At 1 o'clock in the morning, I hear "thunk" and my power goes out. Why did I not prepare for power outage and put the batteries in and test them??? :T
    It took me some time trying to find the right batteries and discover some of the batteries are rusted.. X(
    I get it all done in 1 hour and go to sleep. Now 3 o'clock in the morning all the power comes back on. Things are beeping and chiming. My one cat is freaking out and keeps coming to me crying all night.. :''(
    I did not get alot of sleep and I am tired. I) jade
  • This sure seems close to the hurricanes that hit in 2004 as this is sitting on FL. I can't believe they had schools open today in the middle of some of these torrential downstorms. Now they are saying, oh, it's OK to pick up your kids at school due to the bad weather. duh.. #o
    Should I say it? Flori-duh as we love to say.

The local weather people are saying that they got hammered last night.. :T And I don't mean alcohol but tons of water. :D jade
  • Hi guys and glas,

just want you to know that we are thinking of you over from over the pond, in the uk. Hope that Faye doesn't do too much damage. Keep safe

Love Danni xxxx
  • Miki, we got a couple of feeder bands so far but it has stayed cloudy. I guess tomorrow we will both get a good taste of it.

Melbourne now official rainfall is at 26.2 inches! For snow-birds that are used to measuring inches of snow....that's equivilent to a 22 foot snowfall.
  • Faye is headed this way. They are saying it will skirt below us and head into the Gulf. Supposed to make lanfall on the panhandle, which would be the 4th time it has hit Florida. Some wind and rain here, but nothing severe. Any of you in Lake City, Tallahassee area...hang on. Hope things go well.

Well Miki, I hope you are out of danger now....it's headed away from you.
  • Ben , yeah we are still dealing with rain and gusty winds but that is about it..... :)))

So sorry about no sleep there Jade but I am like you when it comes to preparing , I don't... =))

• Fay is finally gone... =D>

priestess- Yay, my power came back on! Boo, it went out again and stayed out 28 hours. I did not know the life cycle of a battery until my emergency equipment died.

Note to Self: Prepare Next Time!... :))( jade
  • to see you guys have your power back. Don't know which would be worse for me. No coffee or no SH on a Saturday morning.
  • 28 hours , that is just terrible.....I would have been going crazy... ~X(
  • about both??? Anyone know how to make coffee w/o power? I guess if you had a gas stove....
  • Got a gas grill or coal grill outside for cooking burgers and dogs? Heat up some water in a pan. Take the holder and filter with coffee. Hold over carafe. Pour boiling water slowly over coffee and let filter through. A bit sloppy. But it works. When we got nailed by Fran years ago and lost power for a week. I cooked anything on that grill once I improvised a bit.

• Speaking of Florida, what ever happened to Pebbles? I never read her posts anymore.

Cheers, Mate
  • My power went out yet again for a short while on Sat after I posted.... X( I sure hope it stays on. We got some more rain bands on Sat and Sun. Today it seems like it is mostly gone although there are places that will see flooding.

It takes some time for rivers and small lakes to dump into bigger lakes. There is a trailer park for the ederly up the street that flooded big time and they are without power as the light co turned off the power due to possible electrocution. I guess flooding may still be a problem through Friday.

I hear that another storm is brewing in the Caribbean named Gustaf and we'll see where that one goes..???.. :S .jade
  • Oh no!! Hurricane Gustav -now a Cat 1 hurricane- is looking like it may hit Fl later this week. It is estimated to go to Cat 2 to Cat 3 in the Gulf of Mexico.

What the heck? The local forecasters are taking a wait and see what happens. It almost reminds me of the Hurricane Wilma talk from my local forecasters. Up to 120 mph winds on Sunday..... I sure hope not!!

I sure hope it does not bring big rainfall as there may be some real safety dangers as there is some places in danger of serious flooding..... :< jade
  • holy crap, not another one on the way. Hurricane Ike looks like a scary one. I'll see what happens next week., :S jade
advertisement