Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sciatica

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello im new on here, and have read lots of the posts about this awful painful thing..i have been in agony the past 5 days, it flares up from time to time, but not this bad..the pain starts in my knee, burning, like someone has put a hot poker through my knee, this goes to the calf muscel..then to my ankle, and toes..its getting to the point whre my leg gives way..i have just done 6 weeks back packing abroad..and have been on bumpy boat rides..squashed in backs of taxis..do you think its has anything to do with that..the pain is unbelievable..any advice please would be so grateful..
advertisement

Comments

• I have the same issues, and except that the pain starts in my buttox area and burns from my back thigh, to my knee in the front. I have found that some inflammation medications such as Aleve can help, however, you may need to see a doctor. Sciotica issues can be very dabilitating, and when your sciotica hurts, it means something is impinging on that nerve. My leg goes out on me too, and if that happens when you are driving, that could be bad! So, I would take some meds, follow what Lulusheart says, and see your primary care doctor. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, everyone is very helpful around here. I specialize in avatars, so if you need some help with that, you may ask myself or dilauro (http://www.spine-health.com/user/dilauro) for some help. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Also, check this out about sciatica! http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sciatica
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps you need to start with some bedrest and over the counter meds like Advil. lie on your side with you knees bent and a pillow in between them. try some ice! do not lay on your stomach! if you are not better in a few day it may be time to see a doctor. do not wait too long if the pain is severe. if you are worried you should see your doctor right away!! but calm down and relax!!!! you might have irritated your leg and it needs to calm down as well!!! Jenny :)
  • It is just muscular? Try using heat (warm baths, etc) the next couple of days and see how it goes. Good luck.