Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cant stop moving in the AM

MelissaJoMMelissaJo Posts: 196
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
So basically when I wake up in the morning I can't stop wiggling around. My low back and hips are the area's I want to move the most. It reminds me of restless leg syndrome(I had this when I was pregnant with my son). I feel like I want to stretch all the time but that starts to be very painful after awhile. I cannot describe how it feels, it doesn't hurt anymore than I already do, I just feel this sensation of wanting to stretch or wiggle while I am sitting, laying, standing, walking..you name it. When I do stretch or wiggle/move around it only helps while I am doing the act of stretching or moving, then as soon as I stop it starts up again. :''( After I have been up for a few hours this all stops. It is so annoying. On the mornings that it is worse I notice that my pain intensifies in the afternoon. X( I don't get it at all. Has anyone else felt this weird sensation? I see my NS Friday at 11 so of course I am going to bring this issue up also, but just wondering if I was the only one out there, which I have a feeling I am not. LOL
Thanx in advance for your input/advice.
Mel
advertisement

Comments

• Mel -
    Sorry you are having to go through all this...

I'm not sure it's the same, but when I wake up I have a "want to crawl out of my skin" feeling also (in addition to pain and that feeling that I was hit by a car yesterday...). I assume this is because my medication has worn off and it's time for another dose. Usually, after about an hour (just long enuogh for the med to be absorbed in my system) I feel a bit better. Because of the timing of it all (from waking up wanting to jump out my skin to taking my medication and finally to feeling a bit better), I just associate it with withdrawal symptoms. But, I can't say for sure that's what you are going through. You described it well, though - RBS (Restless Body Syndrome)!

By the way - I LOVE your avatar!

Jeaux
    :B
  • I get this all through the night. I think for me it is fatigue.i get muscle spasms and all of this seems to happen when I am having a particularly bad pain day. I think that it is associated with fatigue from having to walk, sit different and not being able to move around normally using different muscles beacuse my body is bent hunched over when walking which is not normal. If this makes any sense at all.
  • Well you both have come up with some good points. I will have to time it tomorrow morning. It might be because my next dose of meds are due. But the strange thing is when I was not on any medication this would happen and last about the same amount of time. I guess I will have to see if my daily routine changes anything as far as the restless back syndrome thingy goes. But yes that is the only way I can explain it. Restless back syndrome. Like I said I see my NS on Friday and this is something that I am going to bring up to him along with many other things. I will let you know what he says. Thank you for your input!
  • I also wake up every morning with my ankles twisted together in a strange way that I do not even think I could make myself do if I were awake. Fatigue will make you want to stretch for a mile and you still can't stretch enough. I wonder if the RBS could be a side effect of one of your meds?
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.