Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what is our outcome?

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Pain Medications
Ive been taking meds for almost 4 years now, increasing the dose as most of us do over time. I was just sitting here thinking What is our outcome, say in 10 years? Ive been really depressed lately cring almost every day till my kids come home and make me laugh. I just think since surgery is not an option for me, what will I be like in 10 years? Will I be in a wheelchair? My husband and I are renewing our wdding vows for our 10 yr in Disney World. 5 yrs from now. I hope I will be able to walk down the isle. My husband said all you Spiney's are invited. He says you all keep me sane. I guess Im just feeling sorry for myself. I have another MRI today for my neck as that is really giving me problems. Im really tired of this. This will be my 6th MRI. Its sad when ya fall asleep in the tube thingy.
advertisement

Comments

• I dont look to far ahead anymore.. Just take a few days at a time. Think positive maybe in 5-10 years there will be new medicine, new proceedures. So, maybe we won't have this forever.

By the way, my hubby and I renewed our 25th wedding vows on a Disney Cruse, it was fantastic!
  • Gemini, thats awesome! We were supposed to have our first wedding there and a few months prior to the wedding my wonderful sister on law had to ruin everything. Thats why we are doing it for 10 yrs.
  • Who knows what technology will be available in 5-10 years, and who knows what meds might be available (more effective? fewer side effects?) It is hard to stay optimistic. I cry too. But I try to keep my chin up, keep talking to my doc about potential options, keep reading up on what others are doing to treat this condition, to educate myself.

You are blessed to have a supportive husband and kids that make you smile. :)
  • 10 years should make a huge difference in the technological advancements in treatments of the spine!
    dmoon, my husband and I renewed ours at 20 years on the island of St. Lucia at one of those Sandals Couple only resorts. It was really nice. Our original vows were done at a justice of the peace.
  • I know the feeling, and it certainly isn't easy. I also know that, for example, Mr. Dilauro has been in it for a long, long time, and he is still a really positive guy, so there is definitely always a reason for hope. (he has given me hope)

I think that you are lucky to have a supportive husband, and children. For me, I realized that I was in a sort of denial for a long time, always thinking things would go back to 'normal'. When I finally accepted my condition, and the future possibilities, I realized that it's not so bad; everyone experiences pain and health problems on some level, at some point, and I think this is just helping me to be better prepared for the later years of life. Maybe the scope of possibilities for my life has narrowed slightly, but the sky is still blue, the sun still sets, and love and life are just as beautiful as before. Cherish the great moments, and let them help you through the harder times, or you will never see today's beauty if you are stuck looking at things lost in the past.

I'm not always the best with words, I hope that came out right. I'm sorry you are feeling down and hope you feel better soon.

Sincerely,

JWM
advertisement