Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello to Everyone

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi,
My name is David and this morning while preparing breakfast I had one of the most severe muscle spasms of my life. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. The pain was very sharp and originated in the left middle of my back and I was caught by surprise enough that I had to drop to the ground. I was having trouble breathing and after about 10 minutes I was able to slowly get up. It has been about 3 hours and I'm still experiencing a good amount of pain. The spasm seems to work through my body from front to back right at the level of my diaphragm. I've taken ibuprofen but it has had little effect.
I'm 27 years old and maintain a good level of fitness. I had a fundoplication performed around 4 years ago for a hiatal hernia and have noticed in the past month that during exercise my breathing gets very labored in a lot shorter time than it used to. I don't know if either of these issues are related but you never know. I'm hoping someone might give me some insight or have encountered a situation similar to this.
advertisement

Comments

• David- Go to the ER or at least call your PCP and see him right now. It sounds like an emergency.. If needed, call 911...take care.. :?? ..jade
  • What you are describing sounds like what my gallbladder attacks felt like before I had it removed. Heart attacks come on in many different ways though and you do need to get to hospital asap. Also walking pneumonia can act this way. Either way get to ER ASAP! My husband had the same symptoms once and it ended up being pneumonia. I got him to the ER barely on time. He ended up in ICU for 3 months on life support! Almost died. Your lungs are in the same area of the back that you are describing. Please let us know what you find out.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! perhaps now is the time to see your doctor! better to be safe than sorry!! Jenny :)