Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Viewing Recent Posts

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,716
Here is another item that all members can use to view
recent posts.

Look down the right side of the Spine-Health and scroll down
until you see Forum Tools Then look for Latest Discussions ( View Recent posts. Click on that it and it will display recent posts. The view format is not the best (we can look into that), but it does provide:

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Ron,

I noticed that instead of listing the number of minutes, hours and days on the right hand side, it has gone to date and time.

Can I be bold enough to say that I don't like the change.

For someone like myself who lives in a completely different segment on the dateline, it was way more convinient to just do a quick glance by hours or days etc...

Was there any specific reason for the change?

"C"
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,716
    "C" That was me. Its back to time since last post. I am working on Recent Posts (doing it on the Dev system until I get want I am looking for) to make the view of that RECENT POSTS similar in function to the way View Recent Posts was on the old board.
    I like this Recent Posts, but it hones in on the subject and does not always show the latest post to that subject matter.
    I am trying to work to get that to happen. I has it working, but the problem was the the Subject showed for each last post

Topic A Poster B
    Topic A Poster C
    Topic A Poster D
    That format was confusing, because you would hope that Poster D was the last, but in somecases they werent.

So, Until I come up with another view (I will make a short announcement first) this one stays as is
  • Thanks Ron,

It is soooo much nicer to have the time since posted like this!!! Even without my second cup of coffee, I can see where things are in relation to the last time I looked.

Thanks for working so hard on all of this!!! You ROCK!!!

"C"
    "C" I am hoping to add more to Recent Posts so that it will give members information:

Who the Author of the Topic was
    What the subject was
    #Replies (and if there is a new one)
    Who made the Post
    When the last post was made

I can create that view, it does squeeze some of the info into
    that frame. That could be the next thing to work on.

But in terms of the information are the above fields valuable when anyone looks at Recent Posts?

• Actually I think all of the above fields are important to have.

Some folks don't read posts by certain authors

Some read based on title only

Some check to make sure all posts get answered

Some like to see who last posted (although not as important to me)

Elapsed time since last post is very handy as well to make sure no one is being ignored.

It's just that because the members name and the title are all hyperlinks, they run together.

I saw how this format looks with IE 7 and it rocks, but I can't load it on my mache so I'm stuck with IE 6 and everything is scrunched.

Hope this helps.

"C"
    C, we definitely want to make it easier to display in all browser environments
  • Ron, I never use that particular link. I'm sure it's valuable to other members but I never use it. Just log-on and go to particular forums I like.

It would still be nice to see post's I have replied to. In newbie section it would be important because someone may think I am ignoring them when it's just that I can't remember posting there.
    Ben, is it more than just viewing your own posts?
    Are you looking to refine it to a particular category?
  • I have pretty much gotten used to not having it. But in newcomers section (category?), it would be nice to see which members I replied to. They might ask a question based on something I said.

Other forums (Lighten and brighten, watercooler) I just read my "unread" or new posts.
    Ben, let me give this some thought... Here it is done mostly with views, so, let me play a bit in the Dev system
advertisement