Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Saw the neuro today - surgery on Tuesday

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Doing a Micro laminectomy...should only be on the table for an hour, home later and appointment next day in his office. Says full recovery expected 2 months tops. This is for herniated (extruded) L4-5.

Anyone have this before? Any complications? Neuro feels very confident.
advertisement

Comments

• No never had it, sounds great. I wish you the best of luck with it!!!

Kristie
  • Sounds great!

My DH had a Microdiscectomy done 7 years ago. On two levels. I'm assuming this is a close, but still completely different surgery...

He was in the hospital for 3 days. Agonizing pain. Then within two weeks was re-painting the bedroom. We did have trouble with Workmans's comp. - he tried to go back to work after 3 months, they wouldn't let him. Finally allowed him to go back to work after 9 months off!!!
  • Actually, it's a micro-discectomy. I'm learning more every day. Guess the laminectomy part is the removal of the bone to get to the disk. Anyways, least invasive route and like the doc says we can always do more if it doesn't work. Now, time to prepare the house.