Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tired all time phew!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone feels so tired like me. just had my operation Monday a microdiscetomy , everything seems okay at minute . I just feel like sleeping all day so tired the tablets i was given just knock me out . I am exercising 4 times as told by my physiotherapists and walking well round house . Maybe venture outside tomorrow :H scared in case someone knocks my back though . #:S :H
advertisement

Comments

• tired all time phew!!!

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone feels so tired like me. just had my operation Monday a microdiscetomy , everything seems okay at minute . I just feel like sleeping all day so tired the tablets i was given just knock me out . I am exercising 4 times as told by my physiotherapists and walking well round house . Maybe venture outside tomorrow Wave scared in case someone knocks my back though . Whew! Wave
  • That will probably be the effects of the anaesthetic in your body still. I am sure it will wear off but I think you need to rest and not do too much so soon.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Brian
  • If you only had your surgery last Monday I am not suprised. It takes a lot ut of us having surgery not matter if it is a microdiscectomy or a fusion.
    So just do as your physio tells you and rest as much as you can. Remember not to sit for too long and eat nutricous foods- even if you have to order in or get someone else to cook.

Blessings Sara
  • It took 2 weeks after my surgery for me to not feel so tired-the affects of the anesthesia. If you are taking pain meds that may also be the cause-I never took ANY pain meds (except Tylenol) because they make me sick.
  • Thank you everyone for your advice =D>

Not feeling tired now cut down on the meds by half . Still keeping active but not getting better . Pain in leg and bum still . Having MRI tomorow and seeing the surgeon to see what is wrong or not . Thank you :( hope i haven't reherniated again. :< still at least I will know. zolenniaq
  • it takes time. i had surgery six weeks ago and was exhausted for the first few weeks; walking was an effort. I found as time went by I got more stamina...then when I started PT I am very tired again. I guess the body needs to adjust. Try not to over due!
    :)))
  • I was once told by an anesthesiologist that you need a month of recovery for each hour you were under anesthesia - egads!! Pre-op that seemed like such a LONG time to me.

Now, well, I'm rethinking that advice and starting to take it to heart. It's a bit scary for me - that means I'm not even 2 months into a 7 month recovery period.
advertisement