Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery over

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I can home same day as I had surgery. I only had one level done c5/c6. I was able to wake up fast and control the pain with the meds they gave me. Tell you one thing it was very hard to swallow the pills. Take your pills one at a time or you will chock. The ride home was very hard because of the seat belt and I felt every bump in the road. I had my husband stop at McDonalds for a shake thinking it would taste good. Nope it was gross, ate jell-o when I got home yeah for jell-o. I only need to wear my neck brace for comfort or if I go somewhere, I have not left the house yet. Took my first shower yesterday felt great, I broke out with a rash from the bandage they put on me in the hospital. Boy does it itch, I use an anti itch cream on the rash. I tried to sleep in my bed last night and it felt like I was choking. I had my pillows pilled up but it just did not work, back to the recliner I went. I am going to do my best today to try to find a wedge pillow. I miss my bed. :( As for coffee, I made a pot today and I could only drink like half a cup. My throat still hurts and it feels like it is clogged with mucus. So coffee is just a no go for now. Warn 7up and my bendy straw are my choice of drink besides water, even diet Pepsi is gross right now. For food it is yogurt, soup, jell-o, pudding and ice-cream, but the truth is I am not really hungry since the surgery, but I know it is because of my throat. On Monday I get my bone stimulator, the reason I am getting that is because I am a smoker. Yes I am trying to quit and I can tell you this it sucks to smoke right now.
advertisement

Comments

• Oh yeah you will definetely choke trying to take 2 pills at once. Heck I still do. Just take it easy and follow the doctors orders. Goodluck trying to find a pillow today. Glad you are up and about. Goodluck also trying to quit smoking!!!