Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scary throat issue, hopefully it isn't related...

advertisement

Comments

• Hey kx--I have that symptom every now and then. I'm not sure what it is, but I asked a physiatrist (on one of my visits) if one of my many osteophytes could be poking out and clogging things up (so to speak.) He said no, and he suggested that it may all be caused by anxiety that I have about my cervical problems. I also thought maybe it could be allergies? I don't know if it could be a sleep-related symptom. Haven't had surgery on my neck either. Good luck--Mazy
  • after receiving my epidurals i had a bad time with swallowing, it actually paralyzed my esophagus and i had no gag reflex at all i now have no control of a belch or burp, and i have a swallow delay and it takes all day to digest my b-fast
  • there is such a diff. between anxiety and swallowing do to the cervical neck problems especially :O) if these things happen after epidural its serious if you cant swallow liquids or solids let alone a pill for neck and back pain thank goodness for pain patches have had a long struggle with this doc thought i might have even cancer 11 swallow studies 2 surgeries upper gastro endo's what they have found is things are partially paralyzed in my throat down to tummy and then even my tummy is very slow at moving things to my bowels from their things work great and im happy with that we used to go out to eat 5 or6 times a night since kids are gone but now we mostly eat at home, i have no gag reflex and sphincter works only one way, 3 years ago i would never burb or belch out loud just wasn't me, and now i cant help it when a belch comes i have no way to control it. I do know and feel in my heart this was caused from my epidural first noticed it same day in eve after first shot, actually i had gone to work and i was . chocking on a sip of water cause there was no way to control the way the water went down my throat.all this was because of the epidural. if i remember right he shot me between c5-6 i remember feeling the medicine running down the inside of my left arm, and it becoming numb now i will say my neck pain got much better after shots. also remember he had to bend my head way forward on the table because it was very tight in my spine. jump ahead 2 years later swallowing slowly has gotten better and i have learned how to work with it but i still dont have a gag reflex,(doc can stick that stick down my throat dont feel a thing. can get sick after eating just by bending over and because food can sit in my stomach for the whole day that happens alot. I cant figure why i have gain 20 pounds instead of loosing it. except i mostly sit on my fanny because of my legs.. here i just raddled off hmmm what was the question? well i love you guys tring to help people all the time i hope i can help somebody sum time i used to be a cna and i loved it i miss it soooo much bless everyone with neck-back pain and issues