Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

non-stop pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
im only 35 and have been tryin for disability for 2 years for back pain ~X( i have been traveling to barnes jewish hospital for 1 year now in hope for help. the whole spine starting at T8 is messed up! every disc is at least bulging. the T12 has a large herniation and at L5-S1 i have a tumor.also have multilevels of DDD deformation of spine (back sinks in alot)and a few other thing to. funny part is that test was when taken i wasnt as bad as i am now! the pain is awful!feels like a crackling in my low back when i stand up.i have doctors and people look at me in amazment because im still walking but i do have i very high tolerance for pain but last few months have taken their toll on me Sad
pain in kidney area,low back,hips,thighs,legs (which cramp up like a charlie horse but my whole leg does it!)also pain in toes and top of foot.walking is getting harder everyday Sadly i just got my "pimped" out walker 2day.although im dreading using it since im so stubborn it is a nice one :D i went with the breast cancer awareness styled one.pink/black with ribbon. has basket,seat and handles even has brakes.doctor wants me using it because my legs muscles are starting to give out on me.standing hurts,sitting hurts and even laying hurts not even sure what type of surgery they do for these problems but im ready 4 it!!!!
advertisement

Comments

• hi! and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. what type of medications are you on? are you doing any PT? good luck on your endeavors and i hope you find pain relief soon. you haven't been on very strong pain meds and i would question that. Jenny :)
  • stubborness has no place in some of the heling process. it has a place, but it may get in the way when you need to be more cognizant and honest about your pain. not doing some thing to help yourself and heal or get around better isn t the wisest course. your a different person physically now and your alowed to be a little slower and wiser now!
    stubborness in the face of adversity applied with a measure of wisdom and you will be golden, thats when its needed to get over an obstical in your life. ime like you, i dont want to be seen as weak, but because i pushed too hard too long i ended up with a net loss to the game, use that hot rod walker an store up energy for when you need to push. dont be afraid of change, its the smart way to be "adaptful" to life, why stagnate and be crushed down, when you can move around and play the game like a champ?

you hang in there and continue to be the warrior you are!
    fight hard,but fight smarter and you will be in the game longer! no one here will judge you for any actions you may do or not K? we just want to see another soul win in this hellish life. come here and lay it out with us! and go forth and conquer
  • I am so sorry to hear of your multitude of problems at such a young age. And sorry to say that you will have a real fight on your hands with SSD since you are so young. It shouldn't be like that but unfortunately is. Good luck to you and please keep us posted with your progress.
  • yes im on meds. 600mg lyrica and 710 hydrocodone.
    lyrica is the only reason im still walking now and i would swear by it!
  • I THINK MY AGE IS A BIG FACTOR IN DENYIN ME WHAT IS ACTUALLY MINE BUT I MEET EVERY REQUIREMENT SO :P ON THEM. CANT FAKE ALL THATS WRONG HERE AND I WAS IN ALOT OF PAIN AND FILED B4 I EVEN KNEW HOW BAD IT WAS.JUST FOUND OUT IT WAS MORE THAN A TUMOR LAST WEEK AND FILED 18 MONTHS AGO! BUTTHOLES ~X(
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.